This is the Message Centre for Cordelia_Tintenharte

Fantasy writing

Post 1

Cordelia_Tintenharte

All my ideas for any fantasy novels and novellas have come to nothing. I'll try poetry instead. Any comments? smiley - erm

Fantasy writing

Post 2

RFJS__ - trying to write an unreadable book, finding proofreading tricky

Um... good luck?

Was it the ideas themselves that were problematic, or the business of putting them in written form? If it's the latter, then maybe you will turn out to be better at poetry... it's certainly worth a try. If you're that dedicated, you could always take a look at our sister site: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/getwriting .

Actully, I just dropped by to respond to useless-but-true info #1 on your Personal Space. I was one of only two males in my A-Level R.S. group -- then the other chap dropped out of school. So that might have proved useful to me a couple of years ago.

(N.B. I'm only online every two or three days, so if you reply to this I shan't get back to you terribly quickly -- I'm not ignoring you.)

Fantasy writing

Post 3

Cordelia_Tintenharte

Hi - I'll check out that link.
What did you do for RE A level? smiley - erm

Fantasy writing

Post 4

TBC

If you're stuck for ideas for a poem just write about how you're feeling, tired, happy etc etc.
Or you could check out some of the poetry in <./>thepost</.> for some inspiration.
As to your point about being the only girl in the class this year errr *tries to think of a way in which it will be useful*
You could always write a poem about it?

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 5

TBC

smiley - doh just remembered Dr Anthea U203430 is one of the people who writes poetry for the post, if you ask her she might give you some help finding inspiration. smiley - ok

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 6

Cordelia_Tintenharte

Write a poem about it? That's not a bad idea! Although how I would go about doing it I really don't know. I'll work on it - cheers!

smiley - cheers

Fantasy writing

Post 7

In answer to Post 3, Philosophy of Religion and Buddhism; that was the only course structure going at my school, owing to the teachers' specialities (two Philosophy of Religion, one Buddhism). Apparently most schools that offer the O.C.R. course do the Ethics module instead of Eastern Religions.

There were several chaps in the other R.S. group, although we were still in a minority overall.

Fantasy writing

Post 8

Cordelia_Tintenharte

I'm fascinated by philosophy, or anything involving thinking and the mind. Especially religious beliefs and traditions. How did you get on, despite being a minority?

Fantasy writing

Post 9

TBC

I know the feeling of blokes being the minority in that sort of class - it happened to me this year! There were only 4 of us but we did more of the discussion than all the girls put together!

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 10

Cordelia_Tintenharte

Was that in RE?

Fantasy writing

Post 11

TBC

yeah, well RE, RS, Philosophy and Ethics whatever it is called (officialy i think it is RE but our school called it Philosophy and Ethics to make people take it!)

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 12

I got on fine -- R.S. was one of my strongestsmiley - geek subjects.

The girls definitely did most of the discussion. Quite a lot of it was actually about R.S., too.smiley - winkeye

Fantasy writing

Post 13

TBC

smiley - laugh the girls in our class mainly just read magazines and got shirty with the teacher!

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 14

Cordelia_Tintenharte

Hey , I'm back! Just been on holiday in Norfolk, soaking up the thunderstorms. The day we went to Norwich there was fine weather, though, so I can't complain. How are ya, guys?

smiley - biggrin

Fantasy writing

Post 15

TBC

I'm good; back at school and already being set 5 page (smiley - yikes) essays!
Also my school has someone talked me into keeping on taking all 4 subjects smiley - erm

~Skenvoy

Fantasy writing

Post 16

I spent much of the last academic year wishing I had more space allowed for my essays. I had plenty of time to write them in (philosophers have it nice in that respect); I just faced the task of tackling deep philosophical questions in 1500 words. My second year starts in early October.

I gave up A2 Physics early on, having worked out that I was never going to get a decent grade in the Physics practical exams. I did get a lot more time (much of which I spent in the school library reading the papers). Four subjects will look good on your C.V./U.C.A.S. form if you can get good grades in them all, though. Have fun, or something.

How's the fantasy writing/poetry going, Cordelia? Any progress? Oh, and sorry to read about Tasha. (I don't know how long ago you wrote that, but I've just read it.)

Key: Complain about this post