This is the Message Centre for Jimi X

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 1

Teaserman the Discontinuous

Hello. I am Teaserman. I am in the process of buzzing every forum in the H2G2 universe. Buzz. Thank you.

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 2

Jimi X

So how's it going? I saw you got all TPTB recently. How many more do you think you've got to buzz?

Good luck! smiley - smiley

- X

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 3

It's going as well as I can expect. What's "TPTB" mean? Many hundreds of thousands before I finish just the user pages.

Thank you. smiley - fish
-T

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 4

a la Dawn

TPTB=The Powers That Be

It's an old nickname for the paid staffers at h2g2 Towers. Of course, it appears as if you've started hitting subeditors and ACEs recently. Did you just hit everybody on the team page, or are you sticking to people you find online and buzzing them where they stand?

I recall when you started this vast undertaking I pointed it out to Peta. Have you been at it all that time, or did you take some time off to steel your courage? smiley - winkeye

- X

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 5

Oh, TPTB. Yeah, I recently reorganized my "List of the Buzzed" so I could keep better tabs on whose pages I've already buzzed. I'm putting them in user number order and I figured I should begin at the beginning(or, rather restart at the beginning). I'm sticking to people I find online. Some of these people are hard to get.
Question: Do they give the low numbers to the paid staff or have they just been here that long?
I took off for a few weeks a couple of months ago for reasons I cannot reveal.

P.S. If you want to keep your new identity a secret, don't sign your old name while using it.

Jimi X's Buzz

Post 6

Jimi X

LOL! smiley - smiley

That's my wife's user name, she was the last one to use the computer and forgot to log off. smiley - smiley I was kind of hoping you wouldnt notice the slip-up. smiley - winkeye

TPTB have user numbers reserved below 1000. When Abi went from being lochangel and all her other identities, she was given a low number and a bold and italicized name.

If you want a good laugh, check out http://www.h2g2.com/U2 This one is a classic! smiley - smiley

Good luck with the buzzing!

- X

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jimi X

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more