This is the Message Centre for Weaver

Sci-fi?

Post 1

lyndabk

Hi weave

Just wanted to ask you in what genre would you place a novel based on an obscure bibical paragraph, and Echelon, the governments e-mail watchdog?

I'm serious,this idea has been bubbling in my head for two years, it's gonna have to come out

Sci-fi?

Post 2

Weaver

Ever read Dan Brown?

http://www.danbrown.com/novels/index.html

I'd like to think it's cross genre enough to keep everyone interested, but the 'echelon' angle could quite easily become sciency...

Sci-fi?

Post 3

lyndabk

No actually I haven't read him, will check out your linky thing (how do you DO that?)

Thanks

What are you working on at the moment?

Sci-fi?

Post 4

Weaver

You navigate to the page & click in the address textbox. The url should be covered with a blue box. You then hit ctrl-c (option c for mac users). You then go back to the browser window with your GW thread in it & ctrl-v to paste it into your post.

I'm struggling with an ending for me Kent August entry at the mo, but I'm taking my time on this one.

Probably going over to flash to see if any new ones are posted.

How about you?

Sci-fi?

Post 5

lyndabk

The computer stuff has gone over my head and made my eyes glaze .

Will head to flash if I can find it and check out the Kent stuff.

Did you continue with your golfer motif?

Stuck a few things in poetry if you've time to look would appreciate the crit.

Sci-fi?

Post 6

Weaver

The 'golf' idea was a little bit of misdirection. I've come up with something a little different, based on a C&W tune, woul you believe?

Sci-fi?

Post 7

lyndabk

C&W?????

NOOoooooo!!!!!!

Sci-fi?

Post 8

Weaver

"We got both kinds a music here ..."

I know, but I'm trying to be different.

I figured everyone's going to be doing the Middle England leafy lane type Sunday drive.

It might not work yet.

There's still time to change the road I'm on.

Sci-fi?

Post 9

lyndabk

I.m more of an AC/DC girl me

Red Hot Chille Peppers
White sripes

Sci-fi?

Post 10

lyndabk

So you don't like my taste in music

or was it the witchy thing?? lol

am off out now, see ya tha marra

Sci-fi?

Post 11

Weaver

Witchy is cool

Music cool too

Lostprophets, QOTSA, Audioslave

Dint reply straight off cos I went next door for some supper.

Catch you later

Sithee

Sci-fi?

Post 12

lyndabk

R u there?

Sci-fi?

Post 13

Weaver

I'm here now!

Been away filming, on location in exotic Coventry

Sci-fi?

Post 14

lyndabk

what u doing up so late sweetie?

Sci-fi?

Post 15

Weaver

Just got back from a poker game

Sci-fi?

Post 16

lyndabk

Did u win?

Sci-fi?

Post 17

Weaver

Nah, lost fifteen quid, which was probably a lot less than if I'd gone out on the piss!

I went 'all in' with 2 pairs, as the betting showed it was probably the best hand but the river card gave the other guy a better two pairs.

Arse.

Sci-fi?

Post 18

lyndabk

My favourite hand came about five weeks back.

I was dealt a seven and a ten, which I thought was rubbish, but it was the first hand of the game and I was the big blind so was in for the flop.

Three sevens, I kid you not, two people folded it was me to bet and I tried a small one to see what I could catch. Three went with me and the guy opposite went all in, I thought all my xmas's had come at once. He had gone because he had a roof. You should have seen his face

Sci-fi?

Post 19

Weaver

A roof?

I guess you're a bigger hold 'em player than me - which isn't saying a lot.

Last time that happened to me the other guy had a pocket seven too, but his other card was a 2 and so was the river!

Sci-fi?

Post 20

lyndabk

You did get that I had four sevens

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Weaver

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more