This is the Message Centre for Julie (AKA Ann Maurice...the motto is, lighten, brighten, declutter and accessorise)

Lost Love

Post 1

Julie (AKA Ann Maurice...the motto is, lighten, brighten, declutter and accessorise)

Looking back over the years
It's hard to see the beginning or end
When did the love stop?
And when did the hurt set in?

Shattered dreams and broken promises
Are all that remain
Two strangers, once sharing a vision
Are now enmeshed it their pain

You blame me, and I blame you
We blame ourselves
For the love that has gone
And can never be renewed

I wish you could see, and accept
This sad fact
But still you cling, and hope and pray
That the clock will turn back

You say I don't care about you
That I'm coldhearted and untrue
I never wanted it to end like this
When our dreams held so much happiness

I held on for as long as I could
But can't you see it did no good?
More and more unhappy I grew
But you couldn't see it, could you?

The things you blame, did contribute
But it's the one you won't admit, that did it
It killed my love for you, over these years
And held me captive by my fears

Now I have a new love
And hope you'll find the same
So stop clinging, and start living
And find happiness once again

In time I hope we will be friends
But right now is far too soon
Past hurts need time to heal
But I'm willing to strike a deal

Let's stop hurting each other
Accept that we have failed
Believe in a new start
And that time will mend our hearts.

Lost Love

Post 2

Flamestrike

If you do not mind me asking - have you showed him this yet?

It is good, techncally a little jerky in places but brilliant imagery...

well done... smiley - smiley

Lost Love

Post 3

Julie (AKA Ann Maurice...the motto is, lighten, brighten, declutter and accessorise)

Hi Pete

No I haven't he's at work. I typed it up this morning after a rough night! I'm not overly bothered about the technical side of it (but I know what you mean about it being jerky, a little like me lol) it's the first piece I've done in more years that I'm admitting to so I guess I'm a bit rusty to say the least. Any tips? Just therapy for me I guess, not planning on becoming the next award winner (that's your place, so not gonna compete for it smiley - hug) but any constructive critisism is always appreciated.

Lost Love

Post 4

Flamestrike

Tips - I am not that good myself smiley - yikes

I just write most of my stuff very quickly without much thought for grammer, rhythem etc... To be honest I am surprised some work so well smiley - laugh. As for advice. Just keep writing, write what you feel and write what you know and you cannot ask for more....

Oh and try and find a pace or style you like smiley - smileysmiley - hug

Lost Love

Post 5

Ok, will bear that on mind for this piece I'm working on, will let you have it when it's done! smiley - ta

Lost Love

Post 6

Dragon Lord back with avengence

Very nice darling, defo one for him tho lol. love you xxxxxx

Lost Love

Post 7

Hi Babe

Yep, def one for him. Working on one about you at the mo, so when it's finished I'll send it you (hopefully your head will still fit through the door! *rofl*) smiley - kisssmiley - kisssmiley - kiss love you

Lost Love

Post 8

Paganmoon - Crazy as Ever

jules... smiley - cuddle

i feel for you luv, i understand... smiley - peacedove

Lost Love

Post 9

Thanks Sheryl! smiley - hugsmiley - kiss

Just wrote it after one of our many "discussions", it won't be so bad once this place is sold, until then it can be a trifle difficult to say the least! Luckily Scott is absolutely wonderful about it all, I know people older than him that wouldn't be so amazingly supportive. I know it's frustrating for him as well but he never lets that get in the way of us, some men would probably bugger off under the hassle of it all but he just proves how strong his love is by being there for me as a friend as well as a partner, which is how it should be.

Lost Love

Post 10

smurfles

hi there,just popped in to say hi,,,,and smiley - love>the poetry.I could almost feel the emotions as i read it.smiley - goodluck

Lost Love

Post 11

Hi Smurfles, I'm glad you liked the poem, it's not the greatest that was ever wrote but it was just therapy for me I guess. Feel free to drop by for a chat when you like, I always like chatting to new people and making new friends. smiley - cheers

Lost Love

Post 12

smurfles

Thanks for the invite,i shall pop in for smiley - teawhen i'm around!!!please feel free to have a browse round my space too,there's smiley - teasmiley - coffee,waiting there,and lots of conversation to read up on!!!!Keep up the poetry!!!
sal

Lost Love

Post 13

smiley - ta Sal

I'm just popping on and off at the mo cos I'm getting ready for my Nan's surprise 80th, but when I'm free I'll certainly pop by to say hello and have a smiley - tea or might even bring a smiley - stiffdrink or 2 with me smiley - winkeye

Speak to you again soon smiley - hugsmiley - kiss Jules

Key: Complain about this post