A Conversation for The Result of Being Unnatural

Peer Review: A2702468 - The Result of Being Unnatural

Post 1

shirly-holmes

Entry: The Result of Being Unnatural - A2702468
Author: shirly-holmes - U750744

I wonder why we use the term "Environmentalists"? Environmentalists aren't trying to save the environment because it doesn't really need saving. We can make extinct all the species, turn the sky brown and burn all the trees, but the "environment" will continue to exist, only, we won't. "Environmentalists'" real targets are human beings, because without clean air and water and lots of plant and animal diversity, we're not going to last much longer on this planet. The reason few of us care about the environment is because we think it's "out there"--we no longer feel part of it. We're "out of the flow" and are no longer natural. This Guide Entry talks about how we got out of our natural state and how we may get back into it.

A2702468 - The Result of Being Unnatural

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Noble sentiments. But sentiments are all they are, and so this is really an opinion piece and so should go into Speaker's Corner or The Post.

As an aside, I don't share your sentiments. I don't think nature should be venerated. I also think that we understand nature pefectly well: Robert Green Ingersoll said 'In nature , there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are only consequences'. Our failure is not a lack of comprehension or even a failure to identify: it'a a failure to face up to the consequences of our actions.

Post 3

Geggs

Indeed, and now the author has Elvised as well.

I propose a move back to entry.

Geggs

Post 4

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

smiley - ok

Post 5

GreyDesk

E-mailed!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The Result of Being Unnatural

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more