This is the Message Centre for Silunaka

love

Post 1

Silunaka

I would just like to announce that I have fallen. I am going to tell my story as it is rather romantic and only folk who are interested will read it anyway. (deep breath...)
Well, It all started when I was sixteen. I live in a small community in scotland and have done all my life. In such a place you cant help but spend a lot of your time walking through the hills and valleys exploring places untrodden by human feet. As a loner I suppose I did this a lot. One day I was sitting on a fifteen foot rock in the river tay and, most unexpectedly, a chap walked by, an older man with well worn boots and a walkers gait. We got to talking and ended up sitting on that rock for the entire afternoon, talking about everything that popped into our minds. The funny thing was, we agreed about everything we were talking about and when we parted to get to our respective homes before nightfall, I had tears in my eyes. I think he did too. There is however a "but" to every story. In this case the "but" was his age. Double mine, he was rather affected by how he felt about someone so young and being a chap of moral fibre, he took himself away from me and we didn't meet for another two to three years. It hurt me but I understood his problem in a young, vague kind of fashion. I was, however, aware that I had sat on that rock with a soulmate and I had to come to terms with the fact that I would not sit on a rock with him again.
Living in a small town makes it very difficult to avoid people for long and although Big Iain managed three years, He must have worked hard to achieve it. With similar intrests and ideas, our social circles inevitiably collided occasionly. Although we didn't talk, we kind of took comfort in each others presence on these occasions and with nods of recognition at the end of the night we would part. To feel so strongly about someone was exhausting though so I flitted back and forth from the valley working and studying in Aberdeen, Glasgow and Dunfermline.
At age 23, I returned with the aim of holding down a job for a year at least. Having 16 jobs on your CV each for less than three months is no laughing matter and I was and still am attempting to sort this problem. However being back in the town meant bumping into people and big Iain was not on my hit list. Two years later and three or four unsuccesful relationships later, Here I am telling you about the one thing I thought was outwith my reach. Shall I tell you how It happened?
Like I said, bumping into people is unavoidable and bumping into big iain was a fact of life. After two or three such meetings we thus arrived on talking terms but having been burnt by this man before, I left my heart at home, That was until three weeks ago when in a lull in a party at my flat, I found myself sitting alone at my kitchen table with who else but Big Iain. How it came out I dont know but suddenly my heart jumped out of my mouth along with the words "I would have had your children Iain, happily" He asked me to take it back and I did so for the sake of the man I was seeing at the time. I broke up with him the next day. The meaning was not lost on Iain and even my new ex was aware he had been dumped for another man. Since then Iain has not wasted this second coming and is now my new 'old' boyfriend. He knows I love him, the old bugger, and he will not commit himself to such strong emotions but I have laid myself emotionly bare for him because Im willing to take a gamble on something as precious as this. This man has the capacity to make me or break me and I hope he will make me (his wife). I am now 25 and Iain is 50.
smiley - orangefish

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Silunaka

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more