This is the Message Centre for U695218

Hi there Lapis!

Post 1

U5404180

It's good to see that at least some people stick to h2g2 without wandering.

smiley - disco have a nice day smiley - wow

Hi there Lapis!

Post 2

U695218

Hi there! (A P S etc.)
Thanks for dropping by!smiley - tea? or would you prefer smiley - ale orsmiley - bubbly?

Crystals and stones of various types sound interesting. I love those things (geodites?) which when cut open display crystalline structures. I love lapis lazuli as it's such a brilliant blue and was used as a paint base by some medieval and renaissance painters for really beautiful blues.smiley - disco

I didn't get back immediately as I've just had a short break and only returned this morning.smiley - ok

Hi there Lapis!

Post 3

U5404180

Hello Lapis!
I have allsorts of crystals and minerals dotted around my place but not much Lapis which means we compliment one another.

Pleased to meet you.

I'm drinking smiley - tea as always.

smiley - ok

Hi there Lapis!

Post 4

U5404180

I have a blue geodite. It is a piece of lilac amethyst surrounded by blue lace agate. This is a picture of my laser wand.

http://chikispirit.livejournal.com/

Hi there Lapis!

Post 5

U695218

Hello Sol/Chik,
thanks for your recent message. I took a look at your picture and while it is undoubtedly colourful and interesting, I find it somewhat difficult to actually make the 'laser wand' connection. That's only because I'm ignorant about these matters. If you could explain a little bit then I'm sure I could appreciate it more!smiley - smiley
I remember going to a fossil shop in Lyme Regis years ago and buying some sliced geodites (sounds as if I ordered some bread); they were beautiful with swirls of colour and some actually had bands of crytals too.
In one of the baroque statue/tableaux constuctions in the Vatican there is apparently the world's largest single piece of lapis lazuli. I saw it recently on a documentary. It is globular in shape and is absolutely fantastically impressive. I love the intense colour and also the flecks which remind me of another beautiful semi-precious gem, opal.So Australia (for opals) and Afghanistan (for lapis lazuli) are in some ways really magical locations.
Bye for nowsmiley - tea
I'll be back on Friday 7th.

Hi there Lapis!

Post 6

U5404180

Have you written any entries about Lapis, Lapis?

Hi there Lapis!

Post 7

U3193321

I hope you enjoy your smiley - tea

Hi there Lapis!

Post 8

U5404180

It is just a series of pictures taken.
I am not going to tell you about the laser wand connection for the time being. It is a pretty picture.

Hi there Lapis!

Post 9

U695218

No,I haven't written any lapis lazuli entry.
I'm still enjoying mysmiley - tea!

Hi there Lapis!

Post 10

U3193321

The moderators are sorry but solerzatoz is no longer allowed to post to h2g2 website.

I'll share some smiley - tea with you, if you like smiley - smiley

Hi there Lapis!

Post 11

U695218

OK Chiki, no probs. Have as much smiley - tea&smiley - cake as you like.
Why did Sol have the plug pulled?

Hi there Lapis!

Post 12

U3193321

I have no idea. She helped quite a lot with the 'techie' bits and pieces around here, was extremely interested in the technical side of things and was training to be a counsellor.

Hi there Lapis!

Post 13

U695218

Ah well, just another entry for the h2g2 book of mystery!smiley - smiley

So how are you today?

Hi there Lapis!

Post 14

U3193321

Now that I have been out for a proper walk in the fresh air I feel much better, thank you. How's life in Brum?

Hi there Lapis!

Post 15

U695218

Hello Chiki, I haven't been in Brum for over 5 years so I can't answer! I live and work in the Persian Gulf so I can answer in one word: HOT as in 45+ degrees celsius.
The summer is beginning to wane now thankfully and the next 5 or six month will have beautiful weather.
I teach English at a university on the east coast of Saudi (Dhahran) and every weekend I go over the causeway to Bahrain to my flat.
How's your summer been?smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for U695218

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more