A Conversation for Nuclear Powered Submarine FAQs

Nuclear Submarines might be able to find the answer

Post 1

Mikael

A nuclear submarine, which is able to stay under water for a long time, and to communicate with others of their kind, while they are submerged, might be able to perform this test to prove whether Global Warming is a fact or fiction?

I think it is time for some experimental testing, instead of just all
these theories. I want to see some proof that the planet Earth is actually warming up.

I have an idea about a test that I believe could be performed, to prove that the temperature of the World's oceans (78% of the area of our planet), is actually getting warmer.

Here is how I believe this measurment can be achived: The density of water is related to temperature; And the speed of sound in water is related to the density of the water. Therefore I suggest that an international survey should be performed; By emitting a longwave signal through the waters of the Pacific Ocean, from the west coast of America to e.g New Zeeland or to the continent of Australia, and then measure the time taken for the the signal to travel over time.

Post 2

Joyika

This is a good idea- howebver aren't the UK government trying to cut back on the Navy?smiley - coolsmiley - wah

Post 3

Joyika

Did anyone watch the documentary series on Discovery recently- 'How to command a Nuclear Sub'- I found it quite interesting. Was about group of officers undergoing the 'Perisher' course- in order for them to command their own Subs.

The course seems brutal- if you fail, tradition is they don't tell you- but a small boat comes along, someone else packs your gear + its handed to you on departure alongside a bottle of whisky!smiley - wah- your career progression in the submarine service has endedsmiley - wah

Post 4

Joyika

I'll just continue ranting to myself- does anyone know if the Germans have a submarine fleet?smiley - cool

Post 5

Joyika

i'm determined to keep thisthread alive + going, even if i have to write to myself!!!

Are their any submariners out there? can they give an insight into the working day- and whats it like to shower/ shave/ wash etc with a limited water suppy?smiley - biggrin

Post 6

Joyika

C'mon now- anyone see the news- whats going on at HMS Astute?smiley - wah- there must be someone out there interested in submarinessmiley - cool

Post 7

Joyika

have submarines ever been used in humanitarian efforts? anyone...anyone...smiley - smiley

Post 8

Joyika

Are submarines being used to look for the missing Malaysian plane? I be+ +hey are, but the Chinese are keeping q¥ie+

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more