This is the Message Centre for Rich_Dee

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 1

U832688

Hi Rich !!

Long time no speak, but then again, we seem to be speaking in some surreal world every day.smiley - erm

Weather sunny; sunflowers dying; pots have been blown over; but otherwise everything all right.

How are you ?

Love

Jensmiley - cool

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 2

Rich_Dee

Hi Jen smiley - biggrin

Don't exactly know what to make of your message header there - I thought it was another of BC's little jokes...

Hope you're okay & not too busy this holiday. Weather is definitely a mix of hot & cool & thundery showers - phenomenal thunderstorm Wednesday morning at 3am.

Current garden news: pumpkins are now growing quite well, one on each of the three plants.

Meanwhile I've given up trying to grow broccoli. The first one I grew was a seething mass of caterpillars after the cabbage-white butterflies had their wicked way with it. Obviously, mine is the only cabbage-type stuff for miles around, so they all laid their eggs in my garden.

Have you gone back to reading regularly? This month, I've just read my 50th book of the year, although most of the books I've read so far in 2004 have been those adventure/crime thrillers that can be read in 7 hours.

I'm still halfway through Part 4 (out of 8) of "Anna Karenina" which has to be finished by 3rd September according to Oprah's Book Club. I also have 10 library books that I'm trying to read at the moment.

Speak to you soon

smiley - love

smiley - sheepsmiley - smooch

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 3

U832688

Rich, you've made me spill my wine ! How can you be trying to read 10 library books and Anna Karenina.......

Mt title refers to a book of short stories by Ruth Rendall. That's the first story in the book. Not yet read it by the way. So, no, not one of Bc's missiles. Are you reading him ? What do you think !!smiley - biggrin

I have stolen a book from my librarysmiley - erm Unfortunately I was in a bit of a dream, chose my book, then just walked out.
I wonder whether I was taken by Aliens for those few minutes.
Anyway, will have to either own up or just sneak it back on the shelf. I favour the latter otherwise I am sure I will be viewed in a bad light by the chief librarian.

Warm here but blowing a gale, so waking up to overturned pots. My hanging baskets are a disgrace ! I sympathise with your broccoli problems. I once, and only once grew cabbages. The wild life they sustained was unbelievable. Yuk.

Have a nice Friday !

Love

Jen
smiley - kisssmiley - kiss

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 4

Rich_Dee

Hi Jen smiley - biggrin

The secret reason I'm able to "read" Anna Karenina & 10 other novels is that I keep renewing the books every 3 weeks, and I haven't read any Anna for about a month. Oprah has been reading that book, a few pages a night, since the first week of June! And doing jury duty in the States too (Did you read about that? The jury found the accused guilty of murder this week, I believe.)

A-level results came out for my nephew & niece yesterday. 20-yr-old nephew has been taking A-levels for the past 4 years, would you believe. He got an A for his Psychology coursework, sadly a U for Physics, as the teacher walked out halfway through the year.

I'm glad I don't have to go through university admissions any more - when I went, it was just one informal interview and I was in, though some of my friends had exam questions to answer. In future, the 6th formers will have to write essays... and my handwriting is rubbish.

Speak to you soon

Rich smiley - sheepsmiley - smooch

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 5

U832688

Morning Rocj, sorry Rich.

I was about to say my typing was better than my handwriting, but I guess pride comes before a fall.

My handwriting was once upon a time very legible, but that was before I learned smiley - bigeyesto type. (My nails are too long !) Kids today don't seem to hold their pens correctly. They seem to curl all their fingers right round instead of delicately positioning the index finger...Right I'll get me coat.smiley - smiley

No, never read about Oprah. Have a good day, speak soon,

Jen
xx

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 6

Rich_Dee

Hi Jen

My handwriting veers between half-neat/half-messy and totally illegible to myself.

Just seen the rowers narrowly winning a gold medal - I expect PG fell off her sofa with all the excitement of the final seconds...

Rich smiley - sheep

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 7

Pond Girl

You're not kidding!! It took me nearly a hour to stop crying.smiley - wah

PG smiley - bluefish

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 8

U832688

Aw, PG smiley - hugsmiley - hug

All better now ?

Jen
smiley - kisssmiley - kiss

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 9

U832688

Morning Rich,

PG has replied to you on my page - I think ! Still can't get the hang of all this.

Handwriting good ! Bit like Joey' comments of Rachael's English trifle. You know, the one with custard, ladyfingers and shepherd's pie.

Lovely day here, warm and sunny. Will be out checking for snails soon. The hedgehogs seem out and about in their droves.....slight exaggeration - I've seen 3, and one of them was in the middle of the road and we just managed to avoid it. Silly little things.

Have a good day,

love
Jen
smiley - ok

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 10

Rich_Dee

Hi JYY & PG

Well done to "Crackers" & "Pinners" & crew, and also that nice Heptathlon bronze medallist, Kelly Sotherton, who looks a lot better in lycra than the men...

I'm early onto H2G2 this morning as I've got access to my sister's computer for a few days. Yesterday at 10pm, I was still trying to put up the curtain rail for the room I was sleeping in!

smiley - smoochsmiley - sheep

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 11

Rich_Dee

Hi Jen, you beat me to it, didn't realise you were on here too!

smiley - sheep

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 12

U832688

Hi Rich,

Just written to you ! I did wonder about the library being open so early.......

Did you manage with your curtains ? Nothing worse than being woken at the first sign of dawn. And then there's the birds......

Coffee for me now. Have fun on the pc !

love, again,

Jne

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 13

Rich_Dee

How exactly do you pronounce "Jne"? smiley - winkeye

Ah, builders have just arrived to plaster sister's new conservatory. And nephew is off to work soon. It's all go here on a Sunday morning...

Rich

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 14

U832688

Hi again.

Jne is pronounced, you know, Jne. Must get thesse darned nails cut !

I am like that American Gail Deverssmiley - laugh

Nice when it's all go isn't it. And talking of going......

Goodbye !smiley - cool

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 15

Rich_Dee

Hi JYY

A 10.30pm post to prove that I have cunningly broken into my local library in a daring midnight raid. (Or possibly I'm still at my sister's...)

Hope you don't mind, just bin perusing your personal space (ooo-er!), saw that BC did not get your Estelle reference, so obviously he isn't me!

12-yr-old nephew staggered downstairs this morning, purple-eyed and pale-skinned after yet another sleepless night, then proceeded to spend a 10 hour gaming session on the computer! I'm pretty sure that my own parents used to be prise me away from my ZX Spectrum for several hours of shopping when I was a teen.

Kids today, eh?

smiley - love

Rich smiley - sheepsmiley - smooch

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 16

U832688

Rich,

Stop making me smiley - laugh so much ! He is you. Stop writing to each other,smiley - biggrin

Jen
xx

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 17

U832688

Rich,

If you are not Mr Hyde, I send you a million sincere apologies. Truly.

Jen
smiley - coolsmiley - bigeyes

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 18

Rich_Dee

Hi Jen

Tried to get onto H2G2 this lunchtime to reply, but Hootoo was too slow.

We seem to have a Pot/Kettle situation here. Funnily enough, when I saw a message from "Jen Yorke-Yorke", rather than "Jennifer Yorke Yorke", I thought that it was BC pretending to be you!

But obviously not, due to the "Estelle Factor"!

No, I am not BC, most of the time I don't have access to a puter in the evenings to post 25 episodes of ongoing story. Library closes at 5pm except Tuesdays & Sundays, remember!

I recently read "Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde" (Penguin edition) to prepare for the upcoming ITV drama version starring John Hannah. I expect that the TV version will be different to the story, in which Hyde is far younger and far shorter than Jekyll, and the story's ending is an anti-climax involving a suicide and two written confessions.

Off to Oxford for the first time ever tomorrow, so I'll probably hang out in the huge Borders bookshop for a couple of hours!

smiley - love

smiley - sheepsmiley - smooch

Piranha to Scurfy

Post 19

U832688

All right now, Rich ?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Rich_Dee

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more