This is the Message Centre for DickieP

Oar Insertion

Post 1

DickieP

Well, we had the big bosses down from London the other day. Bunch of so-and-sos they are. Came down to congratulate us for getting the website live and full of gorgeous content (hah!).

Then the meeting to go through all of our successes - and what they now want us to do (change the whole blooming thing) - went breasts-up when it was hijacked by our new executive producer who wanted to put forward all of his "groovy web ideas". Daft nadger-faced pillock.

Anyway, the upshot of the whole day was a meal to let us know that the bosses "really cared". I had a few glasses of wine and some awful tapas-style bits and bobs and then, in true researchers style, made my excuses and left.

What I don't understand is how these people have the gall to turn up here in the "provinces" (apologies for all of the speech marks) to congratulate us for a job well done when we could have done a much better job and in half the time if they hadn't stuck their oars in at every opportunity.

I'm glad I'm leaving soon...

Key: Complain about this post

Oar Insertion

More Conversations for DickieP

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more