This is the Message Centre for U643499

Bedtime story part 11

Post 1

hardshellbutsoftie

It's alright for us to follow Jen and Fly on their odyssey, but let's not forget their native kingdom.
The evening for Lady R. had not been a good one. She walked to and fro continuously and couldn't stop fidgeting.
She came up to the window and stared outside.
A group of four persons were heading for the castle.
The veiled lady now put on her velvet gloves, let out a subdued 'Jeeves, you damn fool' and went downstairs.

Lady R. stepped on the lawn and made her way towards the group.
It consisted of Jeeves, Quasimodo, and a couple - man and woman - she had never seen before.
The man was rather good-looking and well-built.
Imagine the surprise of Lady R. on hearing his squeaking voice.
'Lady R. Simperley-Simperley?'
'Yes?'
'Allow me to introduce myself: David Backwardham, your local bailiff. This is my wife, Victoria'.
He pointed to the woman, who was very pretty.
'Hello,I'm Victoria Backwardham, née Addlebrain and I am married to my husband.' added the creature.
'Nice hat, Lady R., but I'm afraid terribly out of fashion. David, back to you, I'm afraid I used up all my vocaberry things... words I mean'
The head of the woman was making strange noises, like a braincell banging against a skull.
'Thank you, Vic.' David tried to look formal.'Lady R., something terrible has happened on the premises of Tittycake Towers.'
Lady R., her face not visible, tried to shake her head compassionately and softened her voice a little bit. 'Is it something to do with my dear girls Jen and Fly?'
David looked puzzled for a moment.
'It's about a girl called Betsy'
Lady R. asked 'who's that?'
'Well, she was one of your servants madam.'
'And what about her?'
'Allegedly this girl has been murdered by a blow on the head.'
'Oh... all very nasty but surely it's nothing to do with me. I know nothing. Tell me, David, was it... a cruel sight?'
'I don't know, madam, I came to see you first. I haven't seen the body yet.'
'THEN WHY DON'T YOU CHECK OUT THE CRIME SCENE FIRST, YOU DINGBAT?'
'Sorry, Lady R., it's my first murder case and I don't know what to do.I came to ask for your advice.'
'YOU FOOL. YOU CAN START BY INVESTIGATING THE BODY. NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME NOW, I HAVE AN ANT FARM THAT NEEDS TENDING!'
'Sorry, Lady R.'
Lady R. went back inside, Jeeves came in second and the couple followed Quasimodo towards the oak.

Passepartout was moving his finger in circles around the place where Jen's cookie had been. The princess could not help but noticing the inscripted 'A' in the middle of the plate. She silently thanked the dwarf, who moved on, and turned to Fly.
'Fly, have you got the notebook and the pen?'
'Sure'
'I think we've got our first letter. Write down 'A''
'Got it'
They talked a bit more and after a few hours the people started to leave. Jen and Fly went to bed. Let's check that man in the tomato tunic dallying in the parlour. I don't know, reader, for it was dark then, but I swear that man is a carbon copy of the man who calls himself POISON IVY...

TO BE CONTINUED

Key: Complain about this post

Bedtime story part 11

More Conversations for U643499

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more