A Conversation for Adge Cutler and The Wurzels

Wurzelisation

Post 1

DickieP

We the people of the West Country have set out to Wurzelise the entire known Universe. Soon you will all be able to sing the words to Adge (Wurzels front man) Cutler's seminal work "When the Common Market comes to Stanton Drew". Be warned, we have scrumpy and we aren't afraid to use it. Message ends.

Wurzelisation

Post 2

Doh!

Ooh! ooh! Wurzelise me first!!

Time for a tribute

Post 3

The Wisest Fool

If anyone from a big record company's reading this, howabout a "Tribute To The Wurzels" album with covers by Massive Attack, Portishead, P.J.Harvey and Beth Orton?
Surely it would go mega smiley - smiley

Time for a tribute

Post 4

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

Absolutely. Perhaps Sinead O'Connor could turn "I've Got A Brand New Combine Harvester" into a political statement condemning the EU's common agricultural policy, sung at half the original tempo, backed only by acoustic guitar, celeste and bagpipes.

Time for a tribute

Post 5

The 1 and only Elkherd

Runamok, a local band, who support us http://www.h2g2.com/A130933, regularly do a smashing Wurzels-inspired version of Time of Your Life by Green Day, with different lyrics, and they call it 'Toime of your Loife.' Whatever.

Oh, that was very generation X. Let's do it again. Whatever.

Time for a tribute

Post 6

The Wisest Fool

And maybe Johnny Vaughan could do a sensitive cover of "I'm A Cider Drinker" with Denise Van-Outta-Her-Depth-In-A-Sitcom for his next Dry Blackthorn ad.

Wurzelisation

Post 7

Researcher 212893

cheers to old adge , he used to sing to us in the pub, he went to school with my dad brian creamer, we loved his music, sadly he departed a year after we moved to usa, i still listem to the 3 sound files of his music on my computer, wish i could get the cd rom over here with his music on it, ken creamer suffolk virginia.

Wurzelisation

Post 8

DickieP

Wow! Someone who actually heard the great man.
I grew up in Nailsea - where the Wurzels used to play in Adge's era, upstairs in the Royal Oak - I take it you must come from somewhere nearby?

Wurzelisation

Post 9

Elenitsa

Was just flicking thru the music and couldn't believe there was an entry for Adge.... all together now ....where be that blackbird to....

Wurzelisation

Post 10

Bish777

Im a lesser spotted West Somerset Wurzel, originating from the Tymberscombe area. Ive unfortunately been forced to emmigrate to Bristol(bit far north for my taste lol)

I love the Wurzels, and in particular Adge Cutlers stuff, i remember my Grandfather playing Drink up thy Zyder when i was small, i was born in 1980, so it was an old song then.

My granfer is a true farmer wurzel, and despite my father and his brothers attempts to shed their accents and act posh i have reverted to full wurzel mode much to my dads disgust.

Alot of my friends listen to hip hop, RNB, techno and the like, but im happy with wurzels, a pint of cider and a gert big lump of cheddar cheese.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more