This is the Message Centre for Pseudemys

A Rock 'n' Roll Pilgrim speaks

Post 1

Eeyore

Hi Pseudemys. smiley - smiley Thanks for editing my ÔRock ÔnÕ Roll PilgrimÕs Guide to LondonÕ. IÕve just noticed, however, that the ÒCarnaby StreetÕ section is out of alphabetical order (my fault!). It should be moved to below the ÔBrook StreetÕ section. Hope thereÕs time to do this. Thanks, again. smiley - smiley

Post 2

Pseudemys

Which character set are you using???? You've sprayed all sorts of interesting versions of 'O' over the forum smiley - smiley And the same things turned up in your original article, instead of punctuation marks. Strange.

Post 3

Eeyore

Hi Pseudemys. smiley - smiley I have no idea why the forum is spattered with strange Os. It may be because I work on a Mac, but youÕd think that a site that had anything to do with Douglas Adams would be Apple friendly. It all reads fine from my end, and IÕm only using Helvetica.

IÕve just looked at the latest Edit of my Entry, and noticed a few things.

The new title seems a bit misleading. If it really was a ÒmusicÓ pilgrim's guide, it should give sites relating to all types of music; for example Handel, Gilbert and Sullivan, Johnny Dankworth & Cleo Lane.

I can understand your problem with ÒRock ÔnÕ RollÓ, but perhaps it should be just ÒRockÓ or ÒRock and PopÓ which would be the normal category in a music store.

Also, in the ÒLower Richmond RoadÓ section it should have a Cap T under ÒHow to get thereÓ.

In the ÒWaterloo BridgeÓ section, the third sentence begins ÒTpÓ instead of ÒToÓ.

Hope this helps, and there arenÕt too many Os spattered about. smiley - smiley

Post 4

Pseudemys

I don't have any control over the title change, but I'll mention it to TPTB. And the typo.
And, by god, there are more spattered "O's". They seem to turn up whenever you use the single quote ' or double quote ". Weird.

Post 5

h2g2 Musicians Guild

The new Musicians Guild has decided to reference your excellent entries on Opera and the Rock 'n Roll Pilgrim's Guide to London. The Guild hopes to bring together the musicians and music afficionados at h2g2, and you are certainly welcome to join. You can visit the Guild at http://www.h2g2.com/U150368

Since I notice you have written a number of entries, I'll admit I may have linked to other entries of yours and I just don't realize it yet. I am trying to contact the authors one by one. Please let me know if you have written other music entries that I didn't find on my first round through h2g2's search engine. In any case, thanks for writing entries worth linking to.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pseudemys

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more