This is the Message Centre for Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

Festival!

Post 1

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

No not a bunch of hicks with pumpkins! I mean a bunch of highschool kids *dressed in black if theyre from my school* competing against themselves! Seem pointless? well if you have the reputation that we have it means alot!
One of the first things the judges said on the tape was:
"I know youll be as great as always!"
No pressure...
And me being the band nerd I am, I was in all three bands!
Our Jazz band was luckey number one! Spring creek (our rival form over the hill) played excellent and we were all really nervous about that! Our show line up was:
After You've Gone
Angel Eyes
Spain
Blue Rondo A La Turk
(Wich was my solo that my section "leader" took from me!)
Then our Concert band (mostly frosh and soft)
Children of the Shrine
Last Ride of the Poney Express
Child's Lulaby
Make a Joyful Noise (something we played in honor band: the best of the best people)
and our Wind Ensomble
Emperada Oveature
Novo Leneo
Defying Gravity
Peace Maker
and we thought we did ok but when we heard the tapes of the judges comments and the scores... wow
For those of you who dont know how the scoring goes a 1 is like an A and a 5 is like an F and the + and - are the same thing
our Jazz band got a (get this) +1!!!! total points: 98 out of 100! Highest score the judges gave all day!
COncert band: got a 1 (not a +1 but close!) total points: 94 out of 100!
Wind Ensomble got a 1 also... total points: 95 out of 100! The second highest score they gave all day, second only to out jazz band
So all in all I think we are pulling out of our slump that we were in during marching season.. who knows what next year will bring!

Festival!

Post 2

lil_fred333

YAY! Ford! I'm pround of you...... and your band.... and once again I am totally jelous(sp?) of your musical talent! BUT YAY ANYWAY!smiley - biggrin

Festival!

Post 3

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

THANK YOU!.. Im jeaoulous... we just cant spell that word... of your writing so we can just sit here and admire eachother... *drools*... that was wierd
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 4

lil_fred333

Yay! maybe if we just sit here and stair at our monitors long enough, eachothers talents will radiate into our brains!

*presses head against computer* RADIATION!smiley - biggrin

Festival!

Post 5

Radiation from a computer screen?! whoa!
I bet I have a tumor by now! haha
You can have my flute 'talent' my saxness is stayin with me!

heh
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 6

Midnight Ice - the Daughter of a Cacophony of Chrysanthemums

*radiates some hidden talent she didn't know she had and still doesn't but the others are getting the radiation anyway*
Well done to the Elko High School Band! And h2g2's favourite member!
Yay Ford!!
XD

Festival!

Post 7

:P
*bows and takes flowers and tiarra from some dude off screen*
oh, thank you *cries* Thank you so much!
*gets wierd talent that Midnight didnt even know she had*
Whoah!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 8

*throws a rose to Ford and applauds*
So, now that you've had your spot in the limelight and been hit with my unknown talent... can you tell me what it is? I'm dying to know.smiley - smiley

Festival!

Post 9

Hrm... CAN YOU CIRCULAR BREATHE?!!!
maybe not.. um
Im putting my shirt over my mouth at the moment.. something that I never do... do you do that?
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 10

Circular breathing? What do you mean?

Festival!

Post 11

Yeah... alot of aussies can....
its where you breathe in through your nose and blow through for mouth at the same time... its friggin hard!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 12

Do you know any Aussies who can? I just tried and I can't... smiley - sadface

Festival!

Post 13

Um... some dude that plays the DigereeDu... (SPmagor)
...major..
But yeah... JAson Polise, hes an AWSOME sax player from elko, was the only person in the history of the EHS Jazz band that could circular breathe...
well I guess thats not your hidden talent... DARN
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 14

Yeah - I can see why didgeridoo players would have to be able to circular breathe. I managed to play the didgeridoo once - it takes a lot out of you, but it was really cool because the people we were with knew how and we were in the middle of the bush, so they played the didgeridoo and I sat there clapping these two sticks I found together, and the others were all just making up random lyrics and singing them. At times like that you could feel like it was 300 years ago when the Aborigines were all that was here... no white invaders. I wish I was Aboriginal sometimes...

Festival!

Post 15

lil_fred333

I did a 'dream peace' project on the Aborigines in the 6th grade. a dream peace is where you work your butt off to become an expert and then you dress up for your part and become what ever you've researched for a day only you have a job to do. One time i was a TV news person who had to be a Massi (spelling?) tribe person and do news reports on the way of life, i was also a pop-up book artist, and an ansesteral spirit (we have to pick these jobs & topics out of a hat) and For the Aboriginal project I was a museaum person. I had to make bark paitings and stuff. It was fun... But i do not want to relive the 6th grade. All that work was hell. I learned alot though!

Festival!

Post 16

Wow. You had to do difficult work in the sixth grade? In Australia, from Kindergarten to Six are the years of goofing off and doing absolutely nothing. It's in Year Seven, when high school starts, that you really have to get to work. And years Seven to Ten are the easy years. It's Eleven and Twelve that are the killers. Help me! I'm going to be in Year Eleven next year!!

Festival!

Post 17

Poor midnight!
Im going into er.. well your stuff is different..
But sophtmore year is the most testing youll ever do! it sucks... then I graduate my Jr year :P I CANT WAIT! but Im staying my sr year for marching band... FLOOPY!
dont ask
OH CRUD! late for class gotta go
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 18

I think I'm in sophomore year too - it equates to about Year 10 over here... damn different schooling systems!!
And then after this year I have two years of school left... then university!! smiley - wah

Festival!

Post 19

serious? how old are you? most importantly when where you born? I got the gayest B day ever! Its right on the edge so Im a year older than everybody I BARELY MISSED IT! grrrr
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Festival!

Post 20

I'm fifteen years old, and I was born in October 1989.
I've never skipped a grade or been kept down a grade. Where does that put me?

Key: Complain about this post

Festival!

More Conversations for Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more