This is the Message Centre for Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

6 ABC Boscov's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia

Post 1

Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

6 ABC Boscov's Thanksgiving Day Parade in Philadelphia...*whew!* what a mouth full... also the reason that the Band of Indians got to travel the East coast!
Lovely day one!
We luckey souls in the band got to get up at midnight and get to the busses, load our suitcases and instruments, chech in, get name tags, and get ourselves on the busses at 12:30 am! It was absolutly FREEZING! So I cuddled with 42 and kept myself warm on the 4 hour bus ride to Salt Lake International Air Port. My butt fell asleep during that ride... i did too, sometimes.
At the air port we had to unload, find our luggage and get ourselves to the right termanal. That was cool, we were all excited about going to the east coast and for most of our group, it was their first time flying! so we were all running on pure adrenaline! We got onto the plane... i was luckey and got to sit by my friend Sara, and also luckey enought to sit between her and Pat! (for those of you who dont know Pat, he is one of the reasons that we DIDNT go to Bands of America this year!) fun trip! yes! i got vidio of people and i got pictures and we were buzzing! we landed... i think! it was so foggy! you couldnt see the ground untill we were 2 feet from the ground! so we got off and swiched planes (at this point i think i should tell you that we all were half expecting the captain to entroduce the band... none of them did, wheres the pride in that?) we take off again and travel to D.C. where we meet up with the group and get onto busses to go around D.C. and see sites and most of us slept but i took pictures and lovely stuff like that, that you really cant see because it was night time!
Our hotel rooms were the biggest of the three in D.C. and our lobby was nice! and really fancey! it was cool! they then gave ustime to get into our rooms then a half hour to go get food! my group (the chapparone, Jessica, Stephanie, and Stephanie) start walking away from the busses to find a food place. We walk and walk and cant find anywhere except... yes... HOOTERS! aint it great? i thought the guys might have wanted to come with us! so we go in... they are REALLY friendly! and yes, they DO wear shirts in there! they even sell them! i thought of buying one! but 15$ for a shirt? seems too much for a small town person like me... but my roomies got them! i ordered a chicken burger and we waited forever! in the meantime i stole a few menues to give to my guy friends (they enjoyed them alot!)and we got our picture taken with a hooters girl to prove us of being there! we finnaly get our food and we have ledd than 3 minutes to get back to the busses! we ran and ran and when we got there they said we couldnt have food on the bus!! i was soo mad! but then the chapparone came over and SURE! they listen to the CHAPPARONE but not a student... *sigh*... so i ate and he said if i spilt anything that i would have to clean the busses! so i was EXTRA careful! we toured the washington monument and heroshima and the lincoln momorial and got out and took pictures, none of wich turned out very well cuz it was REALLY dark! I TOUCHED THE WASHINGTON MOMORIAL REFLECTION POOL WATER!!! It was really gross! And muggy! And i ran up the lincoln momorial stair steps about 100 times! it was good excursize! fun fun fun! so we get back on the busses! sleep! but no! we went to the hotel and we had a REALLY long meeting about stuff and stuff! it seemed like forever! and we FINNALY got to go to our rooms and sleep! YAY! but my roomies werent used to the time change and i was REALLY tired! they kept me up all night! so i stared out the window... did you know you can see into other peoples windows? I was staring out there and Stephaniecomes over and asks "enjoying the view?" then i noticed that i had been staring at Danny and Adam in thier boxers! oops! i swear i didnt mean to! ok i dont remember when i fell asleep, but i can tell you that it really wanst enough time!we woke up and we were all tired and crud... i took a shower in the morning and was really late for breakfast! i dont think anyone but our chapparone noticed though! then we all got to go back to our rooms and head out to the busses to check out the smithsonian musiems! IT ROCKED! i was in total heven in the air and space musiem! (if i could spell) im going into the airforce and was EVERYWHERE and my group was kinda worried about me being so hyper about airplains! but guess what! they had this really cool thing that simulated a real jet fighter plane and i flew it a million times! the guy running the one thati went to said i was pretty and flirted with me the intire time! and the secont time i went he called me his "BOO" whatever that is! it was cool! i was doing flips and all this fancey stuff, we were supposed to blow up tanks and junk, but i didnt feel like it. we left the plane flying simulator area to grab lunch (mickey d's for 7$!!!) and me kelsey sirina and jessica (not my roommate) went to sit down. we just happened to notice these really cute colage guys and kept staring at them and they'd look down and laugh as we turned our heads. we also got a picture of us with an astronaught suit taken by gene russle (a well known photogrpahper in elko)... we fooled around a bit and tried to look for the origional stealth bomber, but i couldnt find it... so then we left (not before i bought my astronaught icecream though!) we walked across the "street-park-street" and took pics of the capitol building and went to the smithsonian art musiem. we got lost! so we decided to go to the music musiem where we were supposed to meet. but along the way, we found an iceskating rink, we saw aaron and heath and sara and a bunch ofother people from our group... i wanted to go but i didnt have any money, so heath payed for me! hes so nice! im glad i went! i had a blast! and fell and broke my toe infront of mr lovell! (hes the band director) right afterwards he told me not to break anything! oh great! now he tells me! we continue scating and heath and aaron push me to go faster and make me fall and all that! (nice friends arnt they?) when we do finally leave (after a broken toe aaron smacking his knee into the wall and heath doing the same) to go to the musium. we see this really cool house sculpture thing that changes as you walk past it... i limped past it cuz of my toe and 2 huge blisters on the side of my feet, and i got a piggy back from aaron, but his pants were falling down so i got one from heath and we almost fell thanks to aaron! we got to the musium and i had to pay my friend erika 1$ because i lost a bet (hey! im from nevada! the gamboling capitol of the world, what do you expect?) we talked for a while then had to get onto the busses to go to the mall! that was great! i couldnt walk and then i went and sprayed perfume in my eye! i bought a CD and a sweatshirt (that i am wearing now!) but unfortunatly i left the cd and another sweatshirt and two shotglasses and an airforce tee shirt in the hotel!! for dinner i had pizza! and me and erika decided to go off to the OTHER mall.... oops! wrong place! we got lost and had like 5 minutes to get back!hehe wasnt my idea i swear! luckely noone noticed and we go back in time! after the mall, we went to the hotel and had another loonnngg meeting for the next mornings plans.we got to our rooms and slept and showered and whatever. the next morning i packed and forgot a bunch of stuff... i was pretty preoccupied! i had to pay heath back and give him a note that i kinda regret giving him, but itll work out, i hope! so we load the busses (i was on bus 2) an embark to philadelphia! i was asleep most of that trip but the parts that i was awake, it was beautiful, but i felt like puking cuz i had just remembered that i forgot all that back at the hotel! and about the note... i was nervous! and withthe parade coming up! ooh! i was scared!

alright! thats washington! its the same time it was when we loaded the busses for the trip to Salt Lake so i think ill finish later!
cheers
fordsmiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Ford_Prefect "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"Apocalypse 2006 REPRESENT!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more