This is the Message Centre for davejackson

Next Scene after yours

Post 1

speedtouch

Hi Dave here is an outline for the next scene after Indigo tells teal what the scam is. The scene you are working on.

INT. POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM -- DAY

Inspector Cassidy is on his feet pacing up and down impatiently. He turns to Teal.

CASSIDY
And you expect me to believe that you are a member of the security services?

TEAL
Give me my phone call and I will prove it.

CASSIDY
Oh no my son, no phone call for you yet, we have got you bang to rights. Caught at the scene of a murder, red bloody handed, we could throw the book at you.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door and the young police officer that was standing outside enters the room.

Cassidy points to the tape cassette.

CASSIDY
Turn it off.
(to the young constable)
Yes what is it?

The CID sargeant snaps the off switch on the cassette.

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
There is a man here to see you sir.

CASSIDY
Can't it wait I am trying to interview a suspect here or haven't you noticed?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
It's a Mr Scott sir, a Mr Gordon Scott. He has come regarding your suspect sir, says it's urgent.

Teal sighs with relief and leans back in his chair.

CASSIDY
Well he can bloody well wait then can't he? I am not finished in here yet.

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
You might want to come outside and see him sir.

Cassidy throws his arms up in the air.

CASSIDY
And why on earth would I want to do that?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
He says he is from the bureau sir.

CASSIDY
I could say I am from the North Pole but it wouldn't make me Santa Claus would it? Tell him to wait.

The young constable does not leave but hovers in the doorway.

CASSIDY
Well?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
He has got a letter sir.

CASSIDY
A letter?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
Yes sir, a letter of clearance from the Prime Minister. He is with the Chief Constable. They are waiting for you in his office.

Teal coughs and Cassidy spins on his heel to face him. Teal smiles at him. Cassidy Points at him but does not say anything. Then he smartly leaves the room.

INT. CHIEF CONSTABLES OFFICE -- DAY

Chief Constable RUPERT COLDRAYNE, 50, thin, balding, is seated behind his huge desk. Gordon Scott is seated before him. Cassidy is heatedly pacing the room like a caged Tiger.

CASSIDY
Let him go, let him go. No chance, we caught him red handed at the scene of a crime. He is our prime suspect.

SCOTT
He is imperative to an investigation that we are working on.

COLDRAYNE
Sean you must see how important this is.

CASSIDY
Important, I'll tell you what's important. We have been after Jarvis for years and this may just be our lucky break.

SCOTT
You must let Teal go, we need him back on the inside of the Jarvis organization immediately. Believe me our need is greater than yours.

CASSIDY
He and an ex professor of some sort one Anthony Reynolds are about to embark on the distribution of an untested designer drug that could change the way that drug traffickers market their products. This could turn out to be a huge threat of immeasurable proportions. It could lead to anarchy. What could possibly be worse than that?

SCOTT
Gold bullion and diamonds. Stolen by the Russians from the Germans near to the end of world war two. Worth billions perhaps now.

CASSIDY
What on earth does that have to do with Jarvis?

COLDRAYNE
That is what Mr Scott and his associate Mr Teal, the man you are holding downstairs, intends to find out.

SCOTT
You see Inspector. In the modern climate we are not the wealthiest of countries. It would be a fantastic coup for the Treasury department if we could pull this off.

Cassidy marches up to Coldrayne's desk.

CASSIDY
And what about my case, the one I have sweated over and built up for over two years now.

COLDRAYNE
Well I think that you and Mr Scott could come to some sort of an agreement.

Scott holds his hands up.

SCOTT
Fine by me.

CASSIDY
(suspicious)
What agreement?

SCOTT
Teal could work for us both. All we want is the loot. You can have Jarvis. In fact I can guarantee that Teal will deliver him on a silver platter. He is one of our best operatives.

Next Scene after yours Revision 1

Post 2

speedtouch

INT. POLICE INTERROGATION ROOM -- DAY

Inspector Cassidy is on his feet pacing up and down impatiently. He turns to Teal.

CASSIDY
And you expect me to believe that the gun just went off, just like that by accident

TEAL
Believe what you like, it's the truth, the gun went off in the struggle.

CASSIDY
Come on admit it, all that money, too much of a temptation for you was it? It would have set you up for life.

TEAL
Shouldn't you be offering me my phone call around about now?

CASSIDY
Oh no my son, no phone call for you yet, we have got you bang to rights. Caught at the scene of a murder, red bloody handed, we could throw the book at you.

Suddenly there is a knock at the door and the young police officer that was standing outside earlier, enters the room.

Cassidy points to the tape cassette.

CASSIDY
Turn it off.
(then, to the young constable)
Yes what is it?

The CID sargeant snaps off the cassette rcorder.

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
There is a man here to see you sir.

CASSIDY
Can't it wait I am trying to interview a suspect here or haven't you noticed?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
It's a Mr Scott sir, a Mr Gordon Scott. He has come regarding your suspect sir, says it's urgent.

Teal sighs and leans back in his chair.

TEAL
(mutters)
Now what?

CASSIDY
Well he can bloody well wait then can't he? I am not finished in here yet.

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
You might want to come outside and see him sir.

Cassidy throws his arms up in the air.

CASSIDY
And why on earth would I want to do that?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
He says he is from the bureau sir.

CASSIDY
I could say I am from the North Pole but it wouldn't make me Santa Claus would it? Tell him to wait.

The young constable does not leave but hovers in the doorway.

CASSIDY
Well?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
He has got a letter sir.

CASSIDY
A letter?

YOUNG POLICE CONSTABLE
Yes sir, a letter of clearance from the Prime Minister. He is with the Chief Constable. They are waiting for you in his office. Chief Constable Coldrayne sent me to fetch you.

Teal coughs and Cassidy spins on his heel to face him. Teal smiles at him. Cassidy Points at him but does not say anything. Then he smartly leaves the room.

INT. CHIEF CONSTABLES OFFICE -- DAY

Chief Constable RUPERT COLDRAYNE, 50, thin, balding, is seated behind his huge desk. GORDON SCOTT, senior MI5 co-ordinator, about sixty with a greying handlebar moustache, is seated before him. Cassidy is heatedly pacing the room like a caged Tiger.

CASSIDY
Let him go, let him go. No chance, we caught him red handed at the scene of a crime. He is our prime suspect. You must be mad if you think I am going to let him walk.

SCOTT
He is imperative to an investigation that we are working on.

COLDRAYNE
Sean you must see how important this is.

CASSIDY
Important, I'll tell you what's important. We have been after Jarvis for years and this may just be our lucky break. Thousands of man hours would be wasted.

SCOTT
You must let Teal go, we need him back on the inside of the Jarvis organization immediately. Believe me our need is greater than yours.

CASSIDY
Jarvis and an ex professor of some sort, one Anthony Reynolds, are about to embark on the distribution of an untested designer drug that could change the way that drug traffickers market their products. This could turn out to be a huge threat of immeasurable proportions. It could lead to anarchy. What could possibly be worse than that?

SCOTT
Gold bullion and diamonds. Stolen by the Russians from the Germans near to the end of world war two. On todays market they could be worth billions.

CASSIDY
What on earth does that have to do with Jarvis?

COLDRAYNE
That is what Mr Scott wants the man you are holding downstairs, to find out.

SCOTT
You see Inspector. In the modern climate we are not the wealthiest of countries. It would be a fantastic coup for the Treasury department if we could pull this off.

Cassidy marches up to Coldrayne's desk.

CASSIDY
And what about my case, the one I have sweated over and built up for over two years now, am I supposed to just kiss all that hard work goodbye. Just say nevermind chaps we did our best, better luck next time.

COLDRAYNE
Well I think that you and Mr Scott could come to some sort of an agreement.

Scott holds his hands up.

SCOTT
Fine by me.

CASSIDY
(suspicious)
What bloody agreement?

SCOTT
Teal could work for us both. All we want is the loot. You can have Jarvis. In fact I can guarantee that Teal will co-operate, he does not know it yet but I have had dealings with him before, a long time ago. All that is needed is for me to apply a bit of pressure.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for davejackson

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more