This is the Message Centre for Ivan the Terribly Average

Oh good, I'm ill again...

Post 1

Ivan the Terribly Average

I'm just back from seeing the doctor. This wasn't supposed to happen until Friday, but I brought it forward. I felt fine this morning, developed a scratchy throat on the way to the office, and now I'm home, feverish and nauseous, and I'll be home all week. smiley - ill

Here's the bright side:

1. It isn't pneumonia. smiley - smiley

2. It gets me out of going to a dismal meeting this afternoon. smiley - smiley

3. It gets me out of going to Brisbane on Thursday. smiley - biggrin

4. I get to lie down for a few days, in front of the telly. smiley - cool

5. I can still see the phlebotomist on Friday. smiley - ermsmiley - yuk

I might even get around to writing about that holiday of mine. Stranger things have happened...

Post 2

azahar

smiley - teasmiley - choc

Nice you can look on the bright side . . . smiley - whistle

smiley - hug

az

Post 3

On the way home I found a copy of 'Blithe Spirit' on DVD, so there's another plus. smiley - smileyhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038363/ Something to watch instead of all those dreadful things that appear on daytime telly.

Post 4

azahar

You might also re-write your PS?

<>

Well, perhaps a year and a half ago . . . smiley - winkeye

az

Post 5

~:*-Venus-*:~

Ooooooh you lucky smiley - devil....not being ill i mean, but a week off work, sounds great! Errr you wanna breath some of those germs my way, i could use a break smiley - biggrin
Hope you feel better soon. smiley - hug

Post 6

I really should rewrite my PS. I should also learn GuideML, finish the entry I started (last year) on Kangaroo Island, get more active in PR, and - oh, lots of things. Just thinking about it all makes me thing that bed-rest is the way to go.

Venus, if you'd like some bacilli, there are a few going spare around here. Help yourself. smiley - silly

Post 7

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

<<all those dreadful things that appear on daytime telly.<<

What, don't you have Prisoner on over there anymore? smiley - winkeye

Post 8

Oh, it's worse than that, Kea. It's things like: 'Neighbours: The Early Years' smiley - yuk and suchlike dross. The exception is SBS, which is handy if I feel like watching news programmes in Hungarian or Farsi, without subtitles.

Post 9

tartaronne

Here's hoping that you enjoy the time-out rather than suffer.
smiley - smiley

Post 10

smiley - zen I'm enjoying it already. smiley - biggrin

Post 11

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

>> 'Neighbours: The Early Years'<<

smiley - laughsmiley - roflsmiley - laugh

At least we have Coro repeats from the 80s smiley - tongueout

Post 12

Heleloo - Red Dragon Incarnate

Oh Lucky you......for the time off, not the being smiley - ill bit

this week I am drowning in roasted mushrooms, and on wednesday, I have shed loads of diced roasted onion to look forward to, plus a small hillock of diced roasted tomatoes, oh, and did I mention the mountain of mushrooms to be done by fridaysmiley - ermsmiley - winkeye

Post 13

Drowning in mushrooms, or watching re-runs of second-rate soapies... That's a tough choice.

It is unfair - why can't we have old Coro episodes instead?

Post 14

or eastenderssmiley - biggrin

Post 15

When did we last have Eastenders, Helly? I think I was still at school. smiley - yikes

Post 16

up till the late 80's I think, it was still on when I first came here in 86, I think it and coro street went of ABC 88ishsmiley - erm

Post 17

That sounds about right. (I finished school in '87.) I guess this means that if I want to catch up on what happened in Coro after that, I'd better head across the Tasman.

Post 18

yep,my Mum an Dad down tools, for coro and east enders, lucky things

must smiley - run big day tomorrow, 3 pallets mushrooms, and as many jars of sundried tomatoes as we can do

Post 19

I should probably haul my unwholesome and diseased form off to bed, come to think of it. smiley - zzz

Post 20

zendevil

Aww, i am sure your form isn't much more unwholesome or diseased than mine...hmm, dunno though, maybe depends when each of us last washed our feet?

Anyway, enjoy the rest, i find it always cheers me up to have a decent illness related wallow.

Are they doing any re-runs of Prisoner Cell Block H? Fantastic stuff, used to be on in UK very late at night, became cult viewing, people would even sacrifice going to the pub for it.

"From the country that brought you Kylie, Neighbours,Rolf Harris and probably myxamatosis"smiley - biggrin

zdt

Key: Complain about this post