This is the Message Centre for Bumblebee

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 41

Mustapha

Spring has sprung, accompanied by hot sunny weather, much windiness and bucketloads of rain... and that was just today!

Of course, no sooner than the hot sunny weather starts , I decide to get a chest cold. Which means coughing, lots and lots of coughing - which means sore ribs and a ringing in my head.

Ow.

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 42

Bumblebee

Spring colds, those are the worst.
Keep your throat warm, have a scarf on even when you sleep. Colds don't like heat...
I'm drinking tea of rosehip extract. Hot and full of vitamin C. Try it, it's good! smiley - tea
I think I'm in better shape than I've been for a long time, (knock on wood) I usually gets floored by the first snow, but there's not even a tingle in my nose. Must be the smiley - tea...

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 43

Mustapha

I wonder what happened to iced teas in NZ? They were being advertised everywhere about four or five years ago, but now they're gone! And they were bloody good too.

Now all they have is that energy drink crap and "flavoured water". smiley - sadface

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 44

Mustapha

So many names you seem to be sporting these days -- is this some way of getting revenge on your boss for the renovations by forcing him to print new business cards for you?

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 45

Bumblebee

Hehe, it's my party dress... :-D I'm invited to a birthday party at Lil's Ateliere. Everyone have to dress up as one of the caracters from the Lord Of the Rings or Harry Potter. I'm Mafalda Hopkirk from The Improper Use of Magic Office. I haven't really got time for it, but I couldn't resist.. The other guests are very entertaining! http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F38024?thread=150292 It's Friday night and I seem to have missed you online, again... I hope you're out, having a drink somewhere. :-)

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 46

Mustapha

smiley - ale, smiley - popcorn and the silver screen - yeah, that's my weekend.

I was wondering about that Hopkirk bit - there was an old British detective series called Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased). Randall was a detective and Hopkirk was the ghost of his partner (always dressed in white). smiley - ghost

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 47

Bumblebee

-----

Hi! Just sneaking in while the others aren't looking...!

The firm is between projects, so the office are swarming with people. smiley - yikes Though it can be a bit lonely all by myself here, I must say I like it better when they are all out with the costumers.. smiley - winkeye
Dad came home, as planned last Wednesday, in one piece. I must have been more stressed then I thougth, because I slept all Thursday. That, combined with noise and fumes at work I guess.
I spent the whole weekend on the couch, reading Jeff Smith's cartoon "Bone", that the neighbor lent me. Great cartoon! smiley - biggrin Carl Barks meets Tolkien!

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 48

Mustapha

Yeah, well drawn and well written. They were planning a movie but it fell through.

I like to get certain kinds of attention at work even when I sneak in, because there are some people at work I just can't get enough of. smiley - smiley

What are the costumers doing at your office - are you having a fancy dress party?

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 49

Bumblebee

smiley - tongueout
Certain kinds of attention, huh smiley - winkeye
What's wrong with costumers? (_They_ have stolen my dictionary smiley - grr)
Let's see... Clients? Buyers? Punters?
Anyway, they are not at the office. We don't want them here.

So, who's giving you attention? smiley - bigeyes

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 50

Mustapha

There are a couple of people whose friendship has meant a great deal to me over the past few months.

Working as a solo journalist amongst people who have wholly different skills and plans, it's always nice to have people there who are interested in who you are and what you do. (Especially if those people are cute as a bug's ear smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye )

Customers are clients, buyers and purchasers, and according to proverb, always right.

Costumers make or supply theatrical outfits or fancy dress.

And hey, Bumblebee, you know what? Your friendship has meant a great deal to me over the past few months, too. smiley - winkeyesmiley - hug

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 51

Bumblebee

smiley - wah That's the sweetest thing someone've said to me for the longest time! smiley - hug I missed you so much!
And here I am, feeling so miserable and with the worlds worst consience because I haven't got time or energy to be online. RL is a bitch these days, but I hope I'll clear the backlog soon and take the rest of my holiday. I've still two weeks I haven't used yet.
Thanks for clearing up the costumer/customers mixup. smiley - smiley Then I've just have to sort out custom and custom smiley - winkeye

Well. smiley - sigh Back to work.

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 52

Mustapha

Back to the land of dreams.

And I shouldn't poke fun at your English, especially considering my Norwegian skills are non-existent.

RL is, indeed, a dog of female gender. The station's business manager asked me the other day if I'd like to take a break over the Christmas-New Year period. Damn decent of him, considering I haven't taken a break since the *last* Christmas period. smiley - steam

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 53

Bumblebee

*blows on her fingers in an attempt to thaw them*
It's so strange to think that you have Christmas in the summer, while us Northlings are freezing our *rses off!

Today is Harry Potter-day in Norway. (As usual we get the new films a week or two after the rest of the world...)
We're leaving work/school early to attend the party our neighbor have organized. As usual, he doesn't do things halfway - instead of booking a table he have made a pizza restaurant next door to the cinema, to open three hours before they usually do! smiley - bigeyes
I have invited a lot more people than I intended, because when I went to get the e-tickets, there was some glitch in the system and the machine gave me twice as many tickets than I had paid for! smiley - biggrin
The film-web people said I could keep them and wished me an early Merry Christmas!

My RL backlog is clearing faster than expected (yess, I'm good! Yay!) so I don't think I have to spend more that a couple of hours at w*rk tomorrow (Saturday). The holiday is starting to get a hint of reality...

(in case this server trouble continues for long, here's my e-mail adress: [email protected])

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 54

Mustapha

My email is [email protected]

Thursday is Harry Potter Day, but I'm rather ambivalent towards it. I might get a news story out of it but I'm much more ecited by the Lord of the Rings. It's not simply the fact that it was filmed here but also that it actually looks like it might be a good film. Local films can be a real mixed bag.

* fires up personal fan in an attempt to slow the melting process *

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 55

Bumblebee

Ah, I spoke too soon regarding the RL backlog.. smiley - sadfacesmiley - grr

Harry Potter was according to the ten-years-olds "Awsome!"
Sticking very close to the book is not always the best idea when makeing a film, as this is a good example of... and I missed Peeves!

I've already got the tickets for the LoTR smiley - smiley And they're allowing it for ten-years-olds, so our little jury is gong to give it's rateing here too... We've seen all the trailers, and they look good! smiley - bigeyes

Arrg, gotta run.

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 56

Mustapha

Have just been to see Harry Potter and was reasonably impressed. I admit to having no great expectations going in, but I thought it hit the mark with its target audience more than adequately.

I've never read the books so I've nothing to compare it too. But the acting was very good all round, and the whole production was exquisite in its execution. The story limped along a bit, but on the whole had me experiencing certain sensations of wonderment and excitement.

But remember, the final judges are the 10-year olds, not jaded old farts like us. smiley - winkeye Like the young lady at the end of our row, frantically trying to explain to her father what was going on, or the kids behind me who obviously knew the story, but were still caught up in the action.

If I was that age, and someone made a perfect live version of my favourite literature, I'd be ecstatic.

* Crosses fingers and toes for Spider-Man next year *

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 57

Bumblebee

Yes, Spiderman! Peter Parker and and... whats her name! smiley - biggrin
But is there anybody under 25 that remembers the Spiderman? When I told a gang sitting in the kid's room, I only got blank stares.. The fact that they were girls may have something to do with it, but still! The pokemon generation have no respect for the old values! smiley - tongueout

I'm almost done now. A couple of meetings, a few reports more....
The Christmas-party season have started. This year the boss have deceided to buy us all, with spouses, a weekend at a hotel in the high moutains. I'm really looking forward to that. Jinglebells all the way....

Flight of the Bumblebee

Post 58

Mustapha

... don't forget to deck the halls!

Your boss, in spite of his/her/other relentless efforts to renovate your workspace does seem to treat you very well.

Mind you, lacquer fumes, thinning oxygen levels at high altitude... is there a pattern there? smiley - winkeye

There are several what's-her-names in the Spidey Universe - Aunt May, Mary-Jane Watson, Felicia Hardy (aka the Black Cat)...

Never mind Pokemon - what about this Dragonball Z nonsense? Where one fight can last for a dozen episodes...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bumblebee

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more