This is the Message Centre for Waxer

The Clash

Post 1

Waxer

Excellent documentary about the Clash on TV on Saturday ,horrible to think that it was all more than 20 years ago! Watching the prog reminded me of how important the punk thing was to me at the time (music and general outlook on life wise (not fashionwise tho' I did go for the drainpipe ripped jeans / docs etc look!!))amazing that that musical "taste" has stayed with me over 20 years since ,I really loved the philosophy that you didn't have to be able to play (or sing) to be in a band and if no one liked what you did, who cared, as long as you were having a good time*. Still like really noisy aggressive raw music though also now into a lot of stuff I would have deemed Hippy crap at the time Also interesting how many bands are still playing that kind of music today , the equivalent of 70's bands playing 50's music(Ok Mud etc !)but nothing like the amount of indie bands of the moment who all sound like their albums could have been recorded in 1979, not that that's a bad thing necessarily if thats what they want to do!(see above*) Blondie doc. was pretty interesting also.
I must try and write a guide entry on all this

Key: Complain about this post

The Clash

More Conversations for Waxer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more