This is the Message Centre for ex4thhussar

Links and all that

Post 1

Ron Allen

Hi Ron

Notice you have disappeared from the Deborah discussion. In case you are interested and miss it, I have pasted my last message there below. Thought it might help with your own contributions, although I know you have found your own solution.

Best Wishes

Ron (A)

Posted 23 Hours Ago by Ron Allen

Hi Deborah and Peter

Thanks for all the "Smilies" and their codes, Peter.

With regard to links to different stories and retention of paragraphs, I decided I ought to get to know a bit more about all this. If you glance again at my articles, you will see that I have extended the article's ID to include the title as well. I think this is more user friendly than just the article ID. Also it gave me a chance to play about with links a bit more!!

One thing I have found though which may be of interest, if not already known to you.
If anybody formats their articles in Word and attempts to put the links in there, before pasting the articles to the site, there is a problem, which as far as I am concerned took a while to find the answer. Word automatically, by default, gives smart quotes instead of straight quotes, causing the system to hang and error messages to be generated. It seems straight quotes only can be used.

Best wishes

Ron (A)

Links and all that

Post 2

ex4thhussar

Hi Ron (A)

Pleased to read that you have arrived at your own solution to your problem, I have had a quick look and all the links work fine.
Best wishes

Ron (G)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ex4thhussar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more