This is the Message Centre for ex4thhussar

Jack Nissenthal

Post 1

Glyn Gowans

Dear Mr Goldstein,

I have read your account of Jack Nissenthall's role in the Dieppe Raid with great interest - and indeed admiration for his heroism.

I am researching the tragic plane crash on 25 August 1942 in northern Scotland in which 14 men died including HRH the Duke of Kent. I am aware of a possible connection between the Duke and the Marqués de Casa Maury, who, you will remember, subjected Jack Nissenthall to an unpleasant interview. You state that Maury was a friend of Sir Oswald Mosley. Do you by any chance have a source for this claim?

Yours sincerely,

Glyn Gowans

Jack Nissenthal

Post 2

ex4thhussar

Dear Glyn
With reference to your interesting inquiry, I am in touch with Martin Sugarman (Archivist to AJEX) who wrote the original article and I will pass this request on to him.
You may expect a response within the next few days.
Regards
Ron

Jack Nissenthal

Post 3

martinsugarman

This is stated clearly in the book "Green Beach " by James Leasor and also confirmed by Jack's family whom I know well; Jack often spoke of it.

Martin Sugarman

Jack Nissenthal

Post 4

Glyn Gowans

Dear Ron,

Many thanks indeed for your prompt and helpful reply to my query. Mr Sugarman has given me the reference, for which I am most grateful.

Regards,

Glyn

Jack Nissenthal

Post 5

Glyn Gowans

Dear Mr Sugarman,

Many thanks for responding so quickly to my request for information, which Mr Goldstein communicated to you. I will certainly seek a copy of Mr Leasor's book. This a most helpful lead in my research.

Regards,

Glyn Gowans

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for ex4thhussar

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more