This is the Message Centre for Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Pandora's first Summer bouquet

Post 1

Also Ran1-hope springs eternal

Hi everyone,

Well, the first of loving get-well messages have gone. I am sure that she will be absolutely thrilled with them.

I have decided that with your cooperation, we shall try and send Pan a bouquet of flowers every week. These will be your messages of love and concern for her and will speed her onto a recvoery.

Obviously I am sure that there are little anecdotes which you will want to share with her. I shall be phoning her tonight and will post her latest news tomorrow.

Thank you all again for all the help you have given her.

With affection

Also Ran1 smiley - schooloffish

Post 2

Coniraya

A wonderful idea, AR1, and thank you for acting as our go-between.

The only news today is that I discovered I have a Rain smiley - cat. Cassie is the only smiley - cat I have ever had who doesn't come rushing indoors the minute it starts to rain.

This afternoon the little madam was out there through thunder and lightning, I was calling for her at the door, shaking the box of cat biscuits and getting really worried about her.

Then, just as the sun was coming out, she saunters up to the door, soaked through, grinning, with her tail straight up as if to say 'what was all the fuss for?'. She was soaked through and proceeded to lick herself dry.

When H got in this evening I was telling him about her and he said 'Never mind the smiley - cat, didn't you rush round turning the PCs off in case of a power surge?' There are four running in the house, but all I could think of was the smiley - cat getting scared in the storm!

Next time I ~will~ turn the PCs off first! Cassie obviously can look afer herself smiley - laugh

Post 3

Hi Caerwyn

What a lovely story - and the perfect first "flower" for the bouquet!!
Have a happy weekend.

I also loved the story about the coach being dragged around looking for her!!

I wonder if I should download that thread and post it to her?
I am now on broadband. Hoorah!!

Post 4

Coniraya

There is a new thread each month and it isn't moving as fast as it was without her and Gwennie moving the action along, but the pizza boys do deliver still smiley - winkeye So there wouldn't be too much to download at the moment.

Post 5

mari-rae

Hello, Also Ran 1. It is wonderful that you are keeping in contact with Pandora like this. Please tell her that I have been trying to phone her over the past couple of days, but she hasn't been in her room to pick up the phone. Could you find out when a good time to call might be?

Thank you for everything... smiley - hugsmiley - rose

Post 6

Hi mari-rae

She told me that GMT after 10.30 at night is a good time for her during the week as she is out doing various tests etc. This is the reason why I have not got hold of her because I invariably fall asleep!!

However today I intend phoning earlier as it is Sunday and presumably she will not be having tests, physio etc. etc.

I think that it is a good idea to also download other threads and when I posted her thiick envelope with her "fan-mail" I included some pages of the "confused club" (I think it was called) Caerwyn if you know of any others let me know please.

Much affection

Post 7

Thanks my dear Caerwyn,

I have sent you a message on mari-rae's thread. If you find any others to which she used to subscribe do let me know.

smiley - love

Post 8

LL Waz

Sending Pan a ginormous bunch of hibiscus. There's at least fifty flowers in there, mostly fire engine red but with a few golden orange and sunshine yellows too. They're tied up with yellow ribbon with a very large bow. There's a small family of chameleons included, turning slowly green, red, yellow, and orange as they climb among the stems. And a pair of iridescent scarlet and greenblack sunbirds.

Waz (hoping Pan's ok sharing a room with chameleons)

Post 9

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Just leaving wishes for a speedy recovery and some interesting entertainment while your working at itsmiley - goodlucksmiley - rosesmiley - goodluck

Post 10

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Here's a huge bunch of jasmine from our backyardsmiley - cheerup

Post 11

mari-rae

Hmmm... 10:30 pm is 4:30 am my time... I'll try.

In the meantime here is a smiley - gift for Pan. smiley - hug Your own personal laptop, so you can stay in touch with all of us. Feel better, get stronger... smiley - lovesmiley - rosesmiley - kisssmiley - hugsmiley - cuddle

Miss you.. smiley - cry

Post 12

Coniraya

How's it going Pan? smiley - hug

You might like to know every time I spit in my goggles (just like Mr Cousteou) it makes me I think of you smiley - winkeye I go swimming at least once a week and it means I can wear my contacts and see where I am swimming. My first pair revolutionised my trip to the pool, not to say brightened it up considerably as I could actually focus on the young men!

My current pair has got rather scratched by sand grains as I wasn't very careful when we were on holiday, but not enough to stop me seeing through them!

Post 13

WOW Pandora!!
A bunch of Hibiscus with chameleons in it.!! You are going to have a busy time changing from colour to colour.!!

And Caerwyn wearing goggles to enable her to wear her contact lenses so that she can see the young men better.
Really!!

anyone would think that she was another twin of yours!!
Oh well. We can all dream!!

Ever so much love and hoping that one of these fine evenings I shall get through to you.

All the smiley - love in the world.

Also ran1 <schooloffish

Post 14

mari-rae

I am wondering why you lead that smiley - schooloffish around with you, Also Ran 1?

Post 15

Dear Mari-rae,

I like that smiley - schooloffish because

a. I love swimming and when I was young was one of the ten swimmers chosen in South Africa in 1946 to train for the 1948 Olympic Games!!(sadly south Africa did not send a women's team to those games, but the girl I beat in the trials won the Olympic Womens 100 yards(as it was then!!) Backstroke Championship in Helsinki in 1952.)

b. I taught swimming for 21 years in Rhodesia(which then became Zimbabwe) when I was first married. All my children were born there.

c. Although I am in a wheelchair now I long to swim in the sea again and hope against hope that I shall once again be able to surf in the sea at Cape Town where I lived for 28 years before coming to live in England in 1991.

So that is my RL reason for the shoal that follows me around!

With affection

Post 16

Coniraya

I love the sea too and I had forgotten how blissful it was to swim in warm seas until we went on holiday to St Lucia earlier in the year. Being a volcanic island there were quite a few large rocks on the seabed amongst which the smiley - schooloffish and coral had made their home. Even with my swimming goggles I could make out loads of little smiley - fish and I managed to retrieve quite a few shells from the sea bed.

I learnt to swim in Singapore, where my first teacher was an ex-German Olympic swimmer. He was my first real crush when I was 7 years old smiley - blush. He was tall, blond, tanned and very handsome smiley - sigh.

Post 17

Alovely story dear Snow Queen!. Also liked the description of your first smiley - love

I have just had a long phone call with our darling Pan. She sounded more cheerful and very rpoud that she had taken two steps with her walker. I have written about it on the other thread.
the land of Nod is calling me as it is the middle of the night really.
I am sorry that I cannot make the meet and will not be able to meet you. Anyway I shall be with you in spirit.

Post 18

Hi dearest Pan,

I sent a message to our mutual friend and she tells me that the flowers are scheduled to arrive today and she has let your family know.
I am going to roll this off as I have a busy weekend and on Monday my daughter and her husband and my eldest granddaughter are coming for a few days. It is going to be wonderful to see them and I am really looking forward to it.
With so much affection and I am going to put your second bouquet of summer flowers in my journal.

With ever so much affectionate smiley - love to your dear self.

9th July 2004

Post 19

mari-rae

Pandora loves the ocean too. I'm sure she'd tell you all about her sailing adventures at this point. Wish she could get a laptop there in the hospital. You'd think some charitable organization would provide them to patients. smiley - geek Although, perhaps the internet and recovery don't go hand in hand... particularly if you are a high powered business person who is supposed to rest and recover and not work ...not that Pandora is one of those, but if they gave one to her they'd have to give them to everyone. Never mind. I just miss her!!!

I never tried to surf, unless you count body surfing?? I would like to give snorkling a try. Coral reefs look amazingly beautiful on television. It would be tremendous to see it for real.

smiley - bluefishsmiley - orangefishsmiley - bluefishsmiley - orangefishsmiley - orangefishsmiley - bluefish

Post 20

Very dear mari-rae

What a lovely story and I love your "fish". The lap-top idea is brilliant. Apparently she is not able to use the computer at the hospital. They informed her that it was busy with messages from all over the world about "her" case. Poor darling.

Incidentally I cannot remember where you live. I shall go and check on your home page. I feel absolutely finished when I wake up in the middle of the night. But at least I got hold of her which was great. Give her my best love when you next phone her!
With much affection

In haste.

Key: Complain about this post