This is the Message Centre for Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

hi ho

Post 1

Angelus

thanks very much for the warm welcome.
I used to be part of this, long ago, but forgot my user-id and lost my computer(trust me, don't ask)
Also, how can I get picture things into my profile?
thanks again,
Neil

hi ho

Post 2

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Don't mention it... welcoming is what we're here to do. smiley - smiley And I'll ask anyway... how, exactly, does one loose their computer? I mean, most are relatively large... smiley - erm

I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "picture things"... I know that personal pictures can't be uploaded at the moment (unfortunate repercussion of joining the BBC family)... If you refer to the illustrations that the BBC allows, that can be found by going to http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/C809 , which is the graphics library. If you can be a little more specific as to what kind of pictures you mean, I can give you a straight, definate answer or direct you to someone who can. smiley - smiley

~Amy smiley - smiley

hi ho

Post 3

Angelus

Well, it was a laptop, and it was under my bed for several months...that explain it? I had thought it had been stolen or something, but it was under my bed. My dad got right pissed of about it (as it was his computer).
Anyway, by pics i mean the smileys. are they standard emoticon settings?
thanx again,
Neil

hi ho

Post 4

Oh, I see now. smiley - smiley The swirling green and blue vortex under your bed got it, right?

Smileys can be found over at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Smiley -- there's all sorts of new ones from when you were last here (meaning before the case of the laptop snatchers), and I think Mark may have just ordered a few new ones drawn.

hi ho

Post 5

Angelus

Blue and pink, actually- i got a little bit of food colouring in it.
Thanx for the help with the smileys- i already got one in my profile now. any idea what the new ones are gonna be? cause i think it would be great to have ones of robots with different moods- sulky, depressed, all the sort of marvin moods.
Neil

hi ho

Post 6

I don't know what the new ones are going to be yet... I have a feeing there's gonna be a few new animals, and most definately a smiley - tea smiley, unless I miss my mark, plus a whole array of other stuff. I have to wait just like you do, even if I *am* and ACE.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more