This is the Message Centre for Shadowjack

Day One

Post 1

Shadowjack

July 20/1999/1232

I don't know why I clicked the "register" button...curiousity, I suppose. Knowing how often I can get on the Web (i.e. not often), I'll probably just take up space on the Guide site.

On the other manipulatory appendage, what's wrong with taking up space? Lots of things take up space. In fact, that's what most of the universe consists of: space, and things that take it up.

For life-forms, at least, the species which takes up the most space is the most successful. So, my taking up space here actually makes the entire human race more successful!

Of course, there's not much space left on Earth, by now, what with overpopulation and all. It's better for me to take up space that doesn't actually exist (virtual space) than for me to take up more actual space. Heck, I could just take up virtual tons of virtual space, if I wanted.

'course, we don't live in virtual space. (At least most of us don't. There're precious few cyber-life-forms out there.)

Blank space:

Taking up space explains a lot about human behaviour...pollution, littering, building huge buildings, spaceships, et cetera, are all an effort to take up more space for ourselves.

Maybe I could get a Guide entry out of this. There's space to spare.

Not bad for a first day.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Shadowjack

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more