This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Gushing leg

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I had an embarrassing incident on the way to the dentist yesterday. The "slightly damp" wound on the side of my leg broke down, and I was unaware of it till the taxi driver became quite agitated as I got out, because there was a big "wet patch" under my left foot staining his floor mat. smiley - facepalm

I had to scrounge a carrier bag from the dentist and get him to tie it over my left boot. By the time I got home there was about half a cup of fluid sloshing around inside it. smiley - blue

Otherwise, in genral, the trip to the dentist went well. Except that I had to sit through *seven* mouth casts. It was only supposed to be four (top and bottom, before and after) but the last one failed. Three times. smiley - wah

I watched "2 Broke Girls", "Castle", "Scott and Bailey" and "Agents of SHIELD". smiley - cdouble

Oh, and in case I didn't mention it in my previous Journal, my fibre-optic broadband went "Live" just before lunchtime. smiley - geeksmiley - ok

Gushing leg

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Don't forget to speed test it and report over in TVH, Peet.

Gushing leg

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I've already speed tested it, and it was quite disappointing. (36.something Mb/s - just over twice what I was getting with my old ADSL router) but I was told it could take anything up to two weeks till I got my "optimal" speed, so I'm still hopeful. I'll post in TVH when the two weeks are up. smiley - geek

Gushing leg

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

OK cool. 36 Mb/s is theoretically, and sometimes actually, what I can get with my 4G dongle, but it's on a ten gig cap.

Hope your speeds increase. From my end, downloading the latest Who can be terrific with the 4G! Talk about zoom!

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more