This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Late; not my fault.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I made a sterling effort to post a Journal last night, but HooToo was down. smiley - facepalmsmiley - geeksmiley - wah

I had my operation yesterday to form a "fistula" on my left arm. They insisted I stay awake for the whole procedure. smiley - yikes

It was a very tidy job - three people cutting into my arm for nearly an hour, and all the evidence is hidden behind a 2"x1" plaster. smiley - ok

It was a much more civilised ward than I usually end up in - the first thing they did when I came back from theatre was to pour me a large, strong smiley - coffee! smiley - cool

And, you know how kids get given a lollipop after hospital procedures? They gave me a stethoscope! smiley - doctor

But once the anaesthetic wore off, my arm really aches. And if I cough it feels like a knife stabbing into the wound. smiley - blue Here's hoping it settles down before I have to go out tomorrow... smiley - grovelsmiley - goodluck

I just had a couple of Council workmen turn up to take away my recycling. Except the first thing they said was "We don't do glass". smiley - crysmiley - emptysmiley - emptysmiley - empty

But there's now a lot of free space in the bathroom. smiley - smiley Shame I'm not fit to move boxes... smiley - ermsmiley - gift

Last night, I watched "Law & Order: SVU", "Chicago PD" and "Scott & Bailey". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more