This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

A down day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

One of the other dialysis patients, John, asked me to order up several spectacle cleaners from my Chinese suppliers for him a few weeks ago. They arrived on Wednesday, so I took them in for him yesterday.

Unfortunately, for some reason, in the interim he has taken against me. (I suspect I walked past him once without taking him on; I'm blind on the right hand side and can't acknowledge people on that side unless they actually speak to me as I pass...) He refused to take them from me. smiley - huh Fortuitously, I had four of them, and there were four people withy spectacles in the waiting room, so I gave them away there, to save me carrying them around all day. smiley - giftsmiley - giftsmiley - giftsmiley - gift

The dialysis itself was pretty quiet. I was pretty miserable, for three reasons. First, the way John was treating me. In the short time I've been there I came to consider him a friend. smiley - cry

Second, I had to apoligise for my stupidity to pretty much everybody I met, as I had told them all I wouldn't be in (I got the date of my operation wrong smiley - blush) and thus caused many upheavals. smiley - blue

And finally, because they didn't think I was coming in, I hadn't arranged a lunch, so I bought two sandwiches from the coffee shop at the front of the hospital. They tasted fine, but gave me one hell of a stomach ache for most of the afternoon. smiley - ill

On the trip home, we waited about ten minutes in the ambulance for John, but when he arrived he spotted me in there and loudly announced he'd decided to take a taxi instead. smiley - facepalm I really have no idea what I've done to offend him. smiley - erm

One good thing - I was wearing my new "Tommy" watch (apparently a Chinese clone of a more expensive American "Pebble" watch) which looks rather lovely. smiley - evilgrin It came on Wednesday in the same bag as the spec cleaners. The only problem with it currently isn't its fault - my new tablet refuses to download the connectivity app, reporting "This version is incompatible with your device". smiley - wah Thus, at the moment, I only have a choice of three watch faces, and all the Bluetooth functionality (Display the sender and subject of incoming emails, remote control for music player, remore camera shutter release etc.) is moot. smiley - geek

Once I got home I watched "Law & Order: SVU" and "9 out of 10 Cats". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more