This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Lousy weather

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Howling gales and rain. Normally it wouldn't bother me, but it meant that the Council didn't demolish the toilet stack, which meant I could have slept in my own bed last night. smiley - cross

I had the Gnurse in the morning, closely followed by my next fortnight's frozen meals from Wiltshire Farms. smiley - nursesmiley - chef They were short a Blackcurrant cheesecake in the delivery; I'll get that added to my next order. smiley - brave

After lunch I had the Soci8al Worker plus a woman from the Council housing department. They were strongarming me into giving up recycling... smiley - facepalm

Then George came round and gave me a lift to the Council unit where I was hoping to rent some storage space. It's adequate, but with some slight difficulties getting in for me - there are steps outside, but no handrail for support. I also by chance found out about another, much better unit at a higher price that'll be becoming available next week - £3.5K p.a. instead of £2K p.a., but it's twice as big, has a window and *isn't* down a flight of five internal stairs again with no banister. smiley - ok I hope to meet the letting agent on Wednesday, and I think I'll try to go for the more expensive place. It's *just* within my original budget... smiley - ermsmiley - 2cents

Once I'd got home and dried out smiley - yuk I watched "New Tricks", "Never Mind the Buzzcocks", half an episode of "The Thick of It" and "Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer". smiley - cdoublesmiley - monster

Lousy weather

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Giving up recycling? Isn't that heresy?

Lousy weather

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Indeed. She's insistent that I put all the recyclables in the "normal" bin to throw out so they don't build up in the bathroom. What she doesn't seem to "get" is that I can't take my own bins out, and I only just have enough visitors willing to take a bin bag down - if I fill them twice as fast, instead of having clean recycling lying round the house I'll have stinky bin bags. smiley - facepalm

Lousy weather

Post 4

woofti aka groovy gravy

Ah, thanks - you've just reminded me I've got some bags to take down.

smiley - ta

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more