This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Sleeping in the living room...

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

...for the foreseeable future. smiley - zzzsmiley - blush

George and James came round this afternoon, and with a little help from a shed key (it fitted, although it shouldn't have... smiley - huh) emptied the contents of my stair cupboard... Onto my bed. smiley - facepalm

This was because I opened a letter from the Council on Friday night telling me they were going to pull the old toilet stack down "first thing Monday morning". Assuming that meant 8am, as that's when Council workmen tend to start, it was a problem because the guy from the Council who was coming to empty it for me was coming on Monday *afternoon*, and the Council switchboard was "off" till 9am on Monday. smiley - wah

So, temporarily, the bed is piled high with chairs and computers, and I'm going to be crashing in the armchair until I can organise removals and somewhere to remove all of the boxes *to*. smiley - doh

I fed James an all-day breakfast and several coffees; in turn he squished a load of cans and took out a bag of paper recycling for me. smiley - oksmiley - ta

George got a Tandy CoCo for his troubles, but he forgot to take it when he left. I'll pass it on if he comes back tomorrow. (He said he might give me a lift up to the place where the Council are renting that office, if he has time. smiley - grovel)

I watched "NCIS: LA", "Mock the Week" and "The Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries". I'll watch "NCIS: New Orleans" before crash. smiley - cdoublesmiley - sleepy

I have the Gnurse first thing tomorrow, closely followed by a frozen food delivery. smiley - nursesmiley - chef

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more