This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

A good funeral yesterday.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

In as much as these things can be "good". smiley - brave

There was a really good turnout, a nice service. the rain stayed off and the sun even came out as Mother was being interred. Afterwards there was tea, coffee, sandwiches and sausage rolls. smiley - ok

And one weird but rather lovely thing. The hall where the service was held is in the process of being refurbished. (Her ceremony actually took place on a basketball court, with an ornate floral display disguising the "hoop" at her end!) and the walls had been covered in a series of mural-sized (12'x12') enlargements of some old photographs of "the village" that were found during the refurbishment. Over her coffin was a picture of the main street taken in the early 1930s, with a motorcycle and sidecar approaching the camera from the distance. The driver of the motorcycle? My Dad! smiley - wowsmiley - angel

Just before I headed out I opened a letter addressed to "the occupier" that arrived the day before, but that I'd been too tired and sore to pick up off the floor when I got home from dialysis. It was from the Council, saying the toilet stack will be pulled down on Monday. smiley - facepalm The guy from the Council who was coming back to relocate my belongings for me was going to do it on Monday *afternoon*. We're cutting it fine, and I have no way to contact any of them over the weekend. smiley - headhurtssmiley - cry

I napped on and off for a bit once I got home, smiley - sleepy then I watched "Would I Lie to You", "Have I Got News for You", "QI" and "The Graham Norton Show". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more