This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Upheavals, false starts and deposits.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

My toilet stack will be demolished next week, and I have very little time to get all my belongings out of it. smiley - yikes

After a couple of false starts I eventually put down a £25 deposit for a "self storage" unit that'll run to nearly £3K per year, plus vat. smiley - wahsmiley - 2cents Just *after* I had paid the deposit, the Council said they might have a "small 1-man office" going for £2K a year, *including* VAT. smiley - facepalm I'm trying to arrange a viewing of the Council place by Monday. If it doesn't have any stairs, and they'll have me, I'll take it for a year, give up on the self-storage deposit and get all the stuff from my stair cupboard, shed, hall and bedroom shipped there. (My Social Worker(!) says she can organise a couple of burly guys with transport through a charity at no cost to me... smiley - ok)

The idea is that I can work my way through the boxes there one day a week, and it'll free up enough space for me to move around the flat (and allow proper access for a cleaner) during that time. I worked out roughly that at a day a week it'd take me ten months or so, and rounding it up to cover weeks where medical appointments tie me up every day takes it to a full year. smiley - facepalm

Other than that , I finally made a start to tidying the living room - various laptops, power supplies and tablets are now in the first under-couch storage box! smiley - cool

I'm off to crash now. It's a slightly early night because I need to be up an hour early tomorrow. smiley - sleepy

I watched most of "Operation Petticoat", "Agents of SHIELD", "Chicago PD" and "Scott & Bailey". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more