This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Feeling like death.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

My sides are sore from coughing all last night. My windpipe is raw. And every muscle aches. I.ve saturated four paper napkins blowing my nose in the last hour. And the coughing continues, making me regularly have to go back to correct my typing. smiley - ill

I asked to see the duty doctor at the dialysis ward, only to be told "It's Saturday. They won't come in unless you're dying." smiley - cross

I watched "Doctor Who" and most of an episode of "WWII in colour". smiley - cdouble

And now I'm working my way through a pint of dilute "Beecham's Hot Lemon" before heading to bed. smiley - sleepysmiley - oj

Feeling like death.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Poor old Peet. Thinking of you mate.

I didn't do the manual partitioning. It didn't occur to me until after I'd done it. It's no biggie; I plan to keep all my data on the physical drive and keep the 80Gig OS drive for ... the OS only. I'm thrilled with it. I didn't know whether I'd be able to do it because they took their time at the shop in Stirling building the thing, but it all works perfectly, external sound card, everything.

Three physical hard drives on one machine! Plus a SSD boot drive! Mind you the one physical drive, I've got to replace, because it's very old, and keeps chuntering away, I think because it's faulty. It's one of those big 500Gig drives with their own power supply. When I can afford it I'll replace it with a 1 TB USB jobbie. I'll probably end up using this machine as a backup for all my files, provided I can get all the other machines to write to it over the network.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more