This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Wow. Just... wow.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's been an astoundingly good day. smiley - wow

It started off badly; I had to be up and out of the house at silly o'clock, and I couldn't raise my next door neighbour who had a package for me. smiley - facepalm

But once I got home things started looking up... smiley - bigeyes

Firstly, I got a letter from the "Personal Independence Payments" office, telling me that I had not only qualified, but that I had squeaked through to the "Enhanced" levels in both the day-to-day living and mobility components, meaning I would be getting over £130 a week *on top of* my Incapacity Benefits, guaranteed until late 2018. smiley - cool

But, even better, they were backdating it to when I first applied, around five months ago! By the time I had posted news of my good fortune in Mustardland nearly £3500 appeared in my bank account! smiley - yikessmiley - 2centssmiley - evilgrin

But that wasn't all. I finally got hold of my neighbour, and it turned out that the package he was holding was a rather lovely vintage Apple iBook. smiley - giftsmiley - geek And I had just got it fired up and charging when there was another buzz on the door and another delivery... smiley - runsmiley - gift

...Which was the Microsoft Surface RT tablet I ordered off eBay earlier in the week. It's gorgeous (I always liked Microsoft hardware) and I can live with "Windows RT". So, I now have a sort of Windows machine in the house... smiley - blush

The guy from Goldstar cleaners didn't make it round, despite several 'phone calls, but in the grand scheme of things I can live with that. smiley - erm

Buoyed by my sudden wealth, I ordered up some ludicrously strong "smiley - skull Death Wish" brand coffee beans and a new red wristwatch. (£40, with Bluetooth to allow you to control an Android tablet remotely... smiley - geeksmiley - cool)

I watched "Law & Order" and "The Last Leg". smiley - cdouble

I'm pretty tired, so I'll go and crash now. The toys can wait till Sunday. smiley - evilgrin

Wow. Just... wow.

Post 2

Witty Moniker

Good for you, Peet! What a nice day. smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more