This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Exhorbitant spending.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I had a bit of a brain fart today, and spent a huge amount of money, mostly on eBay. smiley - 2centssmiley - 2centssmiley - 2cents>blush>

It all started when North-East Peripherals told me the 17" laptop I had asked them to fix was unrepairable. (the "on-board power invertor" had died, and that would mean replacing the motherboard which would cost more than a new laptop... smiley - facepalm) They charged me £25 for looking at it, and I got them to give me the hard drive and power supply back, and told them to scrap the rest for spares. smiley - brave

Since I had just effectively paid £25 for a power supply, I had a look on eBay. I had budgeted £100 for the repair, and I was very happy to spot a 3.2GHz 17" laptop going for £75! The catch? It was missing its power supply. smiley - evilgrin

If I'd stopped there all would have been fine, but while I was browsing I happened to spot a "new listing" of a Microsoft Surface RT tablet, with 64GB RAM, an extra 64GB SD card, keyboard *and* case at a "Buy it now" price of £170, inc. postage. I couldn't resist. smiley - geeksmiley - blush

It *was* about £100 below the going rate, and was described as "like new". smiley - smiley

Other than all that, there's not much to report. I had the District Gnurse in for over an hour earlier... smiley - nursesmiley - yawn

I'm sort of listening to "Horizon" at the moment. I watched "Doctor Who Extra" and last week's "New Tricks" earlier, and I plan to watch this week's "New Tricks" followed by "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" in about 20 minutes. smiley - cdouble

I'm typing this early because I need to go to bed early (Diabetic Clinic in the morning) and probably won't get round to firing up the computer again later. smiley - runsmiley - zzz

Exhorbitant spending.

Post 2

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

And I just got a SPAM email entitled "PEET get tablets today!" smiley - laugh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more