This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Clapham Junction

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

That was my house this morning. smiley - facepalm

From about 9:45, I had...

A frozen food delivery, where I had to convince the driver that I could read and knew how to use a microwave. smiley - runsmiley - chef

A social Worker and a woman from the Council who had a barely-concealed agenda to throw everything out of my house. smiley - wah I told them all I wanted was a cleaner once a month; they're looking into it. smiley - brave

And a District Gnurse. smiley - nurse Apparently my feet are "getting better slowly". smiley - footprintssmiley - ok

That took me to about midday. At around 12:45 two *huge* parcels arrived. smiley - yikessmiley - giftsmiley - gift

The light one was the tablet computer I ordered from Amazon last week. smiley - cool

The heavy one turned out to be the computer my friend "Mister Legs" had donated for me to fix for James "the Weird Person". Something killed its onboard network chip so it has lost both wired and wi-fi networking, so it won't connect to the Internet. But James has neither a network connection nor a 'phone line so that's no disadvantage to him. I also need to find a hard drive for it, but I know I have one lying around somewhere. smiley - geek

I tried out two of the frozen ready meals smiley - chef - Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding with Apple Pie and Custard to follow for lunch, and Haggis, Neeps and Tatties for supper. smiley - drool Both were very nice. smiley - smiley

I spent the last several hours trying to find a way to connect the Archos tablet to THE PENGUINATOR. It was a real struggle, but I now have it talking (slowly) over wi-fi, reading from a shared folder on the desktop. It gives me a way to copy files over so I can take it to the ward and watch videos on it tomorrow. And I've blown £16 on a 6GB 3G SIMM that'll let me get online in the ward, Real Soon Now. smiley - coolsmiley - evilgrin

I haven't watched any TV yet today, but I'll probably squeeze in an episode of "Andromeda" before I crash. smiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more