This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Up early, off the antibiotics.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I had to be up an hour earlier than usual smiley - sleepy to be out of the house in time to spend an hour standing in the rain waiting for Patient Transport. smiley - brr Just before I headed out I 'phoned Mother and wished her a belated "Happy Birthday" - her birthday was yesterday, but between James and the woman from ATOS I clean forgot to call her. smiley - blushsmiley - senior

All this was so that I could get to a Podiatry appointment before I went for dialysis. smiley - footprintssmiley - nurse

It went well - my feet have "dried up", and I no longer need the intravenous antibiotics. smiley - doctorsmiley - ok

Dialysis was relatively uneventful. I managed to get my lunch, more by luck than judgement! smiley - chefsmiley - drool (I got back 10 minutes after the usual "cutoff" period, but the lunches had arrived 15 minutes late! smiley - laugh)

I dropped off the Chinese USB Cassette player I had ordered for my fellow patient John, smiley - whistlesmiley - musicalnote but I don't know if it actually reached him. (He is in a different ward to me, and also had a morning appointment so he arrived after I was "plumbed in" and was still "plumbed in" when I left. I'll probably see him tomorrow. smiley - erm)

When I got home, I watched "Andromeda", "QI" and "Newsnight". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more