This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

ATOS, James and other stuff.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I got very little done this morning. First, it was a visit from a Gnurse on behalf of ATOS, to decide whether or not I qualified for "Personal Independence Payments". She was quite nice, but I bet the people "in the office" just use her report as a box-ticking exercise. smiley - ermsmiley - nurse

About ten minutes after she left, as I was still getting my breath back, James "the Weird Person" arrived. He came round to crush some cans for recycling, but first kept me traped in nthe living room for well over an hour while he baggled on about TV shows that I don't watch. smiley - facepalm

When I eventually got him to bugger off to the bathroom for a bit of can crushing I was able to make a start on the stuff I actually had planned to do in the morning. This included a 'phone call to "Wiltshire Farm Foods" to enquire about their next catalogue, which led on to a 'phone call to the "Community Meals" people (the modern version of "Meals on Wheels") who offer a reduced range from Wiltshire Farm Foods at heavily discounted prices - the only catch being you have to be too frail or unfit to stand up and cook for yourself. smiley - chef

A short conversation with them persuaded them that I qualify, and I'll be getting their catalogue through the post Real Soon Now. smiley - cool

Afterwards, James made a "recycled paper" run for me, and in return I gave him a can of fruity smiley - cider and four packets of soup to take home. smiley - droolsmiley - run

Other than all that, I got my shopping delivery from Tesco. smiley - ok

I watched "Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" and as soon as I pick up my cheesy toast from the kitchen I'm going to watch "Chicago PD". smiley - cdouble

I have to be up at stupid-o'clock tomorrow morning to be out of the house just after nine. smiley - sleepy

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more