This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Long, shit day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I headed out of the house for dialysis at 11am yesterday. I got home at 7am today. smiley - facepalmsmiley - sleepy

My dialysis line clotted twice, and each time I had to wander around for an hour while it soaked in Eurochynase(sp?) then start the whole five-and-a-half hours dialysis again. I eventually got "off" at 11pm, just in time for a nurse to grab the milk shake I had been nursing for five hours and throw it down the sink before I had a chance to object. Looking forward to that was the only thing that had kept me going. smiley - wahsmiley - empty

But that wasn't the end of it. My metabolism decided that this was the moment to play "Blood Pressure Roulette", with my BP swinging between about 139/xx and 101/xx at one-minute intervals for the best part of an hour, before finally "crashing" to 75/52. smiley - ill

They propped me up in a spare chair and threw a blanket over me in the style of a dust sheet, and there I stayed till 6am. smiley - zzz It was only fair - with that low a BP I would have passed out before I got three steps up the stairs here. smiley - brave

After 6am I got a cup of strong (instant) smiley - coffee and then the Red Cross drove me home. smiley - runsmiley - bus

So, that was yesterday. I managed to watch one episode of "True Blood". smiley - online2longsmiley - vampire

Long, shit day.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Byggre me, Peet, what a bummer and no mistake.

You take care, y'hear?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more