This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Bisset & Hazel's

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

That was the high point of my night. The rain stayed off, and so I managed to take a taxi over and scrounge a lift home from Martin. Fiona, Richard and George were also in attendance. smiley - cool

Other than that there was very little to report. The District Gnurse left my dressings alone, as there was no "leakage" but instead went down and buzzed 34B for me to chase up the long-lost package. smiley - runsmiley - gift

He got an answer. smiley - smiley It was the new family who started moving in on Saturday. smiley - sadface

Apparently the flat has been empty for the last two weeks, which is why I couldn't get an answer, and previously it was on a short-term let to some students, who seem to have run off with my parcel. smiley - wah

I tracked down the couriers who passed it on to "Hermes", the local couriers who lost it, and thay in turn told me that it originated in China and had a listed "customs value" of £30. I still don't have a clue what it was, but they've emailed the Chinese couriers to let them know the package didn't arrive. Hopefully word will eventually filter back to the original sender. smiley - facepalm

I'm going to give TV a miss tonight. smiley - sleepysmiley - zzz

Bisset & Hazel's

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Oh dear. Well, my prayer is sort of answered, in that you know more about the details of the situation. My hope was that the people ho ran off with it would be so shamed by their misdemeanour, that they would bring it back to you. But you will get it back, which is the desired result.

I have been expatiating my own personal theological philosophy on a thread in ML and have been upbraided, with a sideswipe, for my pains. Ironic when the theme of my postings was about loving one another.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more