This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Nothing to report. Thankfully.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apart from an hour-and-a-bit when two Gnurses tag-teamed over my feet, smiley - nursesmiley - footprintssmiley - nurse I've had the place to myself today. smiley - ok

The radio has been... problematic. I was listening to Harry Shearer via KCRW's News 24 channel, as I usually do at 6pm. just before 6:30 the stream vanished. I spent a while restarting my Android TV box, firing up various laptops etc., until I convinced myself that the problem was at the other end and gave up to listen to The Archers. But, when I switched the TV over to Radio 4 I was just greeted with a jolly message telling me that R4 would be "unavailable on Freview for the duration of the Commonwealth Games". smiley - facepalmsmiley - wah I had to sit on the toilet for 15 minutes so I could hear The Archers on the little tranny through there. smiley - grovel (It doesn't work in the living room, hence my dependance on Freeview! smiley - cross)

There's nothing of any remote interest on "Terrestrial" TV tonight, and I don't want to waste the stuff I have downloaded to watch in the ward, so I'm going to watch a couple of random movies on Netflix once I sign off. I watched "The Saint Strikes Back" earlier. smiley - online2long

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Nice to have you back on hootoo where you belong, Peet. smiley - smiley

It's been uneventful in Cape Town. I went to visit friends on Friday night, and only got back late Sunday evening... I forgot my hootoo password so was unable to get on to post any Journals myself. smiley - wah

Never mind, home again now, and warm enough thanks to my Paraffin heater. smiley - biggrin

Cheers.

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Just fyi, I watched "Rapture-Pallooza". It was quite amusing. smiley - angelsmiley - laughsmiley - online2long

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more