This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It's working!

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I finally got enough stuff installed on the new laptop to take it to the ward with me tomorrow. smiley - nursesmiley - geeksmiley - ok

It's still missing the accellerated video driver, which in turn means the OSX VM is stuck at 1024x768, but that's a long-term project since as far as I know nobody's written it yet. smiley - facepalm

I'm celebrating with a double-strength smiley - cider and a really spicy pastie. smiley - chef (The cider is a 440ml can poured into a pint glass and topped up with just enough nice vodka to make it the strength of two smiley - drunk - it sort of helps me restrict my fluid intake - and I broke the pastie open and spread it with both chilli and garlic sauce and loads of lime pickle before reassembling it and putting it in the oven to heat up. smiley - devilsmiley - puff)

I watched the second half of "John Carter" (the bit I slept through last night smiley - blush) and I'm about to watch a couple of episodes of "Andromeda" as I eat my pastie and drink my cider. smiley - cdouble

It's working!

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Pastie sounds very nice Peet, I am glad you have enjoyed your interesting repast. I am listening to KARN News Radio fom Arkansas; it is 6.33am and I have just this second started to crash. Shall I go to bed and get a couple of hours before driving to Stellenbosch? Or should I plough ahead into Thursday and hit the sack at around luncheontide?

Have a good Thursday.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more