This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apple flavoured

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I managed to get OSX running inside a virtual machine before I headed out of the house this morning. Not Mavericks, though, it was Mountain Lion 10.8.5. smiley - applesmiley - geek

It'll do for the moment. smiley - smiley

While I was downstairs waiting for the ambulance, I had a shouting match with my upstairs neighbour. He had borrowed my lighter "for two minutes, to light a candle" smiley - candle about three and a half weeks ago. This morning he returned it, empty and broken. smiley - grr

He couldn't see why I was angry, and there wasn't a word of an apology. smiley - steam

You see, I was given the lighter by my friend Charlie just before he died, and what my neighbour did to it was like pissing on Charlie's grave. The fact he thought that pushing a "Clipper" lighter into my hand would make everything OK just shows what a self-centred shit he is. Bastard. smiley - cross

Anyhoo. The day at the hospital was long, slow, and I missed my lunch because it took them 45 minutes to find someone to put on my socks for me. smiley - wah

I left the house just before 8:30am, and came back in just before 8:30pm. I'm shattered. smiley - sleepy

I watched the pilot of "The Flash", "Nurse Jackie" and "True Blood". I'm going to watch "Mock the Week" in half an hour or so, just as soon as I've organised a snach. smiley - cdoublesmiley - drool

Apple flavoured

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Poor old Peet, not a good day.

Hope Friday treats you more kindly. July 4th - Independence Day I think?

Apple flavoured

Post 3

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Cheers. smiley - brave

Don't talk about Independence Day. smiley - cross I got a slew of email offers for cheap software on an "Independence Day" offer. I went through all the forms to buy it, only to be told "Sorry, this offer is not available in your country". smiley - grr Well, why the hell did they email it to me, then???

Apple flavoured

Post 4

ITIWBS

For my own part, I'll be doing the usual things I do for the 4th of July weekend, staying home, out of trouble and getting caught up on projects I'm behind on.smiley - cheers

Apple flavoured

Post 5

Any interesting projects? smiley - geek

Apple flavoured

Post 6

ITIWBS

One writing project I'll probably be posting to peer review late next week.

I've spent weeks reconditioning my laptop and its finally stable enough to get some serious writing done.

A few cooking and housekeeping tasks.

Apple flavoured

Post 7

What was wrong with the laptop, and what have you done to "recondition" it? smiley - geek

(Sorry, just really nosey about technical stuff... smiley - blush)

Apple flavoured

Post 8

ITIWBS

The machine hadn't been used in almost two years, outdated drivers and software, threw away most of the software, updated or replaced the essential items, found the machine was incompatible with my ISP's broadband wireless service, installed an adapter, installed a second OS, found that in turn is incompatible with the first adapter system, a second adapter on the shopping list, CPU capacity inadequate, replacement indicated, still researching that.

A lot else that needs to be done, but for the moment it will serve.

Apple flavoured

Post 9

Kewl. What's your second operating system? smiley - huh

Key: Complain about this post