This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Soaking up money.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I got chatting to one of the nurses about the costs of my treatment today. It gave me a bit of a fright... smiley - nursesmiley - yikes

For example, there's a clotbusting agent that costs £50+ a dose. I had two doses of it today! smiley - yikes

And, apparently, the total cost of the gloves, dressings, lines etc. that are used every time I go in for dialysis and thrown away afterwards is around £300. That's nearly a grand every week. smiley - facepalm

Scary stuff... smiley - erm

I got taken off the machine fifteen minutes early, so thought I might get home at a reasonable time. Except... The taxi firm that services the hospital had just had a computer crash, so it was over half an hour before they could book me a cab home. smiley - wah

I got in about ten past ten. I've been installing Zorin on the new laptop, and as soon as I can get it online in *any* way I'll ber able to download the Broadcom wi-fi driver... I'm *hoping* the network cable I'm using is faulty. I'll find out tomorrow when I feel fit to work on it further. smiley - geeksmiley - sleepy

I haven't watched any TV at all today. smiley - smiley

Soaking up money.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Ah, Zorin! smiley - cool

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more