This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Too sore to post.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I didn't post a Journal last night because my shoulder was hurting too much for me to easily move across the room. It would have been fine if a couple of @rseholes hadn't leant on my door buzzer in the evening and forced me to stand up to go to the door just because their "friends" had their buzzers turned off. smiley - grr (I couldn't switch the buzzer off as I'd been having random visits from doctors and nurses over the last coupole of days... smiley - nursesmiley - facepalmsmiley - doctor)

It was a bad day yesterday all in all. My stitches hurt so much in the morning that I couldn't tilt my head back to look at the clock. smiley - cry

I had a visit from James "the Weird Person" who was very helpful, in that he nipped out and got some shopping for me, and unhelpful in that he came through to the living room and said proudly "I pressed a button and managed to stop your 'fridge from bleeping!" - two hours after he left the 'fridge had come up to room temperature, and I can't lean my head back to work out which button he pressed! smiley - wah

The District Gnurse also came round and spent the best part of an hour changing the dressings on my feet. They really don't smell good at the moment, and apparently many of my toes are "sloughy". smiley - footprintssmiley - yuk I finally managed to arrange my appointment with the Vascular clinic, where they'll knoww hat to do with them. smiley - nurse

I also wasted much of the day on hold to various branches of Sony, trying to find a model of Vaio laptop that would accept the high-capacity batteries I bought a couple of weeks before I broke the last one. The insurance company said thay would budget up to £475 for the replacement (of which I have to pay £100 out of my own pocket) but that I had to track down the model I wanted. After an entire day on the 'phone, it transpired that every model that uses those batteries has been discontinued. smiley - headhurts

This means that I have to accept one of those modern "Touch Screen" things with Windows 8. Which I *really* don't want. I'll be deleting the OS the moment I get it, and I don't want Micro$oft being paid for it *and* my name going on their list of "satisfied Windows users". smiley - geeksmiley - steam

I watched "Doctor Who", "Law & Order", "QI" and "The Graham Norton Show". smiley - cdouble

Too sore to post.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

SATISFIED WINDOW$ USER??!!

Haha, I'll have that engraved on your Tombstone!... smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more