This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Early posting; a good day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Apart from sleeping in my own bed and getting some proper smiley - coffee in the morning, the day in general was pretty good too. smiley - ok

The girl who delivers my Chemist orders agreed to post my new pressure stockings through the letterbox, despite the Pharmacy themselves telling me it was "against the rules" and that "I had to be home to sign for them". smiley - erm

I got a 'phone call from an engineer at my insurance company's repair company with an apology - three weeks after I told them about an intermittent power problem on Bob's old laptop they finally managed to find it! But not before they had replaced the hard drive and the screen, neither of which was exhibiting any faults... They took £15 from me to return the laptop (next Wednesday, hopefully smiley - grovel) and the Insurance company will contact me to take my £100 "excess" and buy me a new replacement. smiley - coolsmiley - geek

I *just* managed to squeeze a pair of pyjamas and a clean pair of pants into my "go bag" along with my Hudl tablet, pre-loaded with about seven and a half hours worth of US TV. smiley - piratesmiley - online2long I also filled one of the back pockets with about a week's worth of my meds. smiley - ill All ready to grab on my way out of the house at 8am tomorrow. smiley - sleepysmiley - run

There was a moment of confusion at lunchtime, when the ambulance turned up to take me for dialysis, despite me having told one of the drivers yesterday that I wouldn't be going, info which he promised to pass on... smiley - facepalm

ut, all in all, I've been comfortable and cheerful all day, neither of which I would have been had I opted to stay in hospital. smiley - cool

I haven't watched any TV t=yet today, but I plan to watch "Horizon" in half an hour or so, possibly followed by an episode of "Andromeda" before I crash. smiley - cdoublesmiley - runsmiley - zzz

It may be a couple of days before I get back to post. My op is scheduled for tomorrow, but I know how they are for "bumping" you if you look too well... smiley - doctorsmiley - facepalm

Early posting; a good day.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Sterkte, my vriend.

Translation: Go for it, buddy.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more