This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Another early-morning Journal.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I was tired last night. So, sue me! smiley - tongueout

Yesterday was a bit of a mess. What should have been a brief visit from the District Gnurse dragged on a bit smiley - ermsmiley - nurse and was followed by a 'phone call from the clinic saying that they thought my toes were becoming "necrotic", and that they're sending a doctor round tomorrow (Friday) to give them a tug and see if they come off. (or words to that effect...) smiley - footprintssmiley - doctor

It transpired that on Monday night, not only my cooker but also my 'fridge had died. My Tesco delivery came, and I had to force all the 'fridge food into my other freezer temporarily. smiley - chefsmiley - facepalm

George came round and rewired the 'fridge/freezer so I could unplug it to defrost. smiley - tasmiley - ok I filled every spare space in the 'fridge section with frozen "gel packs" that I kept back from my last "Cook" order, then closed the door in the hope the insulation would "keep the cold in" while I defrosted the freezer. Then I discovered that it was somehow 1cm further forward than hitherto, so I couldn't open the door far enough to take the drawers out. smiley - headhurts

But I improvised, and it defrosted overnight. About 10pm a huge triangular block of ice weighing over two kilos detached itself with a thud from the area behind the drawers. smiley - snowman I switched it back on this morning, but the motor hasn't started up yet - it was still making assorted warning and test "beeps". That's the problem with a smart 'fridge - sometimes it's just *too* smart. smiley - silly

I watched "Law & Order: UK" and "Avengers Assemble". smiley - cdoublesmiley - hero

Another early-morning Journal.

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

Peet, I haven't really cottoned on to the worst bits of your health problems on the Early thread... just to say, I'm thinking of you and sending Groovy Vibes all the way from Table Mountain to the Granite City, for your healing and health and vitality.

Concerned, but hoping all will be well.

dagesh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more