This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Bad night

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I tried to have an early night because I felt a bit weak and tired, but after an hour of lying down I found myself unable to breathe properly. It wasn't the blocked nose - I had a nasal spray to fix that, courtesy of my Tesco shopping delivery earlier in the day - but rather when I lay down my lungs would fill with fluid, leaving me with wheezing, coughing fits. Not fun. smiley - blue It seems to be my body collecting fluids - when I sit up, my legs swell. When I raise my legs, the fluids need to find somewhere else to escape to. smiley - ill

I got up again at midnight and came through to the armchair, but the damage had been done - my breathing "gurgled" and kept me awake for the rest of the night. smiley - sleepy I'm feeling a little better at the moment, but I'm still coughing up phleghm. smiley - yuk

I have a doctor's appointment on Wednesday afternoon, after I get my bandages changed, so I'll plug on until then. smiley - ermsmiley - doctor

Yesterday, I watched "Axe Cop" and "Daria". smiley - cdouble

Bad night

Post 2

woofti aka groovy gravy

You need to drill a hole in yourself somewhere and attach a tap, like on a water butt. When the water starts building up, just turn on the tap.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more