This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Wasted day.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Grambo was supposed to come round at lunch time. I waited and waited till I fell asleep, then the door buzzed and he arrived... smiley - sleepy At approaching tea-time. smiley - crosssmiley - yawn And he never 'phoned to say he was going to be late. smiley - steam

We had a coffee (he brought Jaffa cakes smiley - cool) and he had a look at the Mac laptop I got from the States. smiley - envy Then we raised a glass of Welsh Single Malt to both Bob and Mairi before he headed off and I fell back asleep for an hour or so. smiley - zzz

The upshot was that I got nothing "useful" done today, apart from running the washing machine. Oh, and I made a big crockpot of spicy vegetable soup. smiley - chef

I watched "Castle", "QI", "The Graham Norton Show" and "Orphan Black". smiley - cdouble

I think that, until I get the pillowcases washed* it's another night in the armchair... smiley - zzz

(*I figured out I unloaded a box of stuff from Bob's flat on top of my bed yesterday, and it was the residue of whatever industrial-strength cleaner the family had been using that caused my nose to close up... smiley - yuk There's a second load of washing to go through tomorrow, if all goes to plan. And I have some spiffy new (Black! Silk!) pillowcases on order from eBay...)

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more