This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Still backing up.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

It goes in fits and starts. I get anything between ten and a couple of hundred files moved, then the NAS locks up on me, or at least stops responding to that particular request, and I have to reset to continue. It's taking longer than I had hoped. smiley - bluesmiley - geek In theory at least, once it's done I need to Spinrite the dodgy drive overnight, then reassemble and reformat the NAS, after which it should be back to full speed and reliability, meaning I ought to be able to copy everything back in a couple of hours at most... smiley - grovel

My shopping arrived half an hour *early*, which was unusual... smiley - yikes

Other than all that, there's little to report. I've had to return to the machine to restart it at approximately hourly intervals throughout the day, and thus I haven't really got round to doing anything else. smiley - headhurts

I watched "By Any Means" and "Killers". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more