This is the Message Centre for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Backing up, the long way.

Post 1

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I've made some progress in backing up the NAS device onto an external USB drive; it may take a couple of days more, but I'm pretty confident I'll get there. Then I'll be able to Spinrite the faulty drive to mark the bad sectors and reformat it. smiley - geek

Oh, and they've tracked down Bob's niece! smiley - coolsmiley - ok

OK, we had the wrong name... (It was "Julie", not "Denise" smiley - blush) But it was the genealogists who found the Minister who had the info, so more power to them. smiley - smiley

I've just restarted the NAS, as it locks up when the drives get too warm. smiley - facepalm I'll set it copying some more files over while I go and crash... smiley - runsmiley - zzz

I watched "Glee", "Elementary", "Real Steel" and "Daria". smiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more